Car Clubs or Owners?

TNT GT

May 30, 2017
Bay Area
Hi, new to the forum and looking to learn more about the 2005-06 GTs before picking one up. Anyone knows of any Ford GT car clubs or owners around the San Francisco Bay Area?
Thanks!

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Welcome TNT!

There are several owners in the SF Bay Area and also in the Sacramento region where I live. I occasionally take the GT to cars and coffee events where it usually is the center of attention. Perhaps connecting with a few owners in the Bay Area and meeting them at a C&C event would be a great way to see and experience all that the GT is.

Bottom line: You won't be sorry if you bring one home. Phenomenal car and an equally impressive community as evidenced by this forum. Good luck!

Seth

Tomcat

GT Owner
Welcome...knowing what you currently own/drive may help GT owners compare/contrast your expectations.
For me personally, this is the pinnacle (okay McLaren F1).

TNT GT

May 30, 2017
Bay Area
Thanks for the replys. Is there a club for just 2005-06 Ford GT owners in the SF/NorCal area? I like to talk to some owners about what to look for when buying a Ford GT and/or meet someone willing to sell one. Can't stand dealers as I've met a few and they'll say anything to get you to buy.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
you found the right place here, you can find out all about the car on this forum. Do a search and any info including what to look for is readily available.

welcome to the group.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
I don't know of a specific NorCal or SF GT club but there are some very knowledgable owners in the area. Ed Sims and Black Ice come to mind and have a lot of experience with the car. Ed is in Sacramento and I believe Black Ice is in SF. I'm happy to help in any way I can but I'm 40 min east of Sacramento and not nearly as experienced.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I think we are more of a family than a club. Lots of great people, yearly events in different states (This year everyone converging on Park City, Utah) and a lot of local GT owners enjoy going to car shows, cars and coffee etc. This is as close as you are going to get to a club... but it is MUCH better!

Tomcat

GT Owner
Ditto these dealers. This is a small/tight/knowledgeable community

TNT GT

May 30, 2017
Bay Area
Yes, went to see Marv. He had a few, but if I'm going to pull the trigger to get one, my bucket list car would be a white, 4 option and taken care of car. Anyone?

lewishou

GT Owner
Feb 27, 2007
Atherton, CA
I live in the Peninsula and I am happy to chat if you have simple questions about the car and my purchase experience. I am by no means an expert like Ed Sims and Black Ice who have owned theirs much longer.

Lewis

Hawleywood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 14, 2018
SF BAY AREA
Did you end up buying a GT? I'm new to this site and just purchased a 05 from Marv.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

There are no Ford GT clubs anywhere in the world other than this one (that matter). The Ford GT Forum and our gatherings of the faithful are unlike any other auto club or forum. A genuine fraternity of Ford GT owners that is geared toward and operated for owners. Non owner activity is restricted. All the info you’ll ever want is here, and every GT owner of note including a few whose name is on the front bumper are here. Get involved and this Forum will change your life (I know that’s a big statement but it’s true). Cheers.

Chip

Last edited:

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I have been on any number of car forums for a long time. From Corvettes to exotics. They generally share one thing in common — sooner or later they implode ( due to egos, greed or outright felonious activity) , or just get tiresome / annoying for lack of discipline.

I can truthfully say I have NEVER had an issue with this group. Sure, there are occasional knucklehead posts (some mine) , but “ issues” are addressed quickly and fairly. It is well run; has very committed , adult enthusiasts and while I am not on it daily, I always look forward to coming back.

Put it this way: even if Ford had not decided to produce another example, I can assure you this place would still be hopping with owners of 12-13 year old cars.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
I have been on any number of car forums for a long time. From Corvettes to exotics. They generally share one thing in common — sooner or later they implode ( due to egos, greed or outright felonious activity) , or just get tiresome / annoying for lack of discipline.

I can truthfully say I have NEVER had an issue with this group. Sure, there are occasional knucklehead posts (some mine) , but “ issues” are addressed quickly and fairly. It is well run; has very committed , adult enthusiasts and while I am not on it daily, I always look forward to coming back.

Put it this way: even if Ford had not decided to produce another example, I can assure you this place would still be hopping with owners of 12-13 year old cars.

Well said. This has been the best enthusiast forum and making some great new friends.