Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great Race! Kicked some Butt Blue!!!!!! P1-P3👍👍👍👍👍

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Great driving by the Ford teams and not losing momentum.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Does that put the 66 first in the points?

I think it gives Ford the manufacturer's lead.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
This article implies the #3 Corvette is still leading
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/hand-mueller-score-gtlm-win-at-road-america/

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ford leads manufacturer championship, #3 leads team.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Will this swing the BoP pendulum back in the other direction?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Probably not given that GT only had 3rd fastest lap. Corvette will probably get a break.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Will be tight for the season championship. 66 needs a couple podiums and needs the 3 to have one or two bad races. 67 is in range too but Corvette should be pretty strong over the final few. BMW still has a chance too but that would be a barf-worthy finish to this season.

I definitely plan on going to the season ender in Atlanta. That's a great race for spectating and will probably have title implications.

Still hard to believe that fat ass BMW has enough power to lay down such a crushingly fast lap during the race. Almost half a second faster than the fastest Ford GT, and well over a second faster than the fastest of the Vettes.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
B o f'ing P!

Still hard to believe that fat ass BMW has enough power to lay down such a crushingly fast lap during the race. Almost half a second faster than the fastest Ford GT, and well over a second faster than the fastest of the Vettes.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I already have my tickets. Lets plan on meeting up.

Will be tight for the season championship. 66 needs a couple podiums and needs the 3 to have one or two bad races. 67 is in range too but Corvette should be pretty strong over the final few. BMW still has a chance too but that would be a barf-worthy finish to this season.

I definitely plan on going to the season ender in Atlanta. That's a great race for spectating and will probably have title implications.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
IMSA is slow to update their standings but found this...

Heading into the Michelin GT Challenge at Virginia International Raceway on Aug. 27, the No. 3 Corvette team unofficially leads the standings with 236 points, followed closely by the No. 66 Ford GT (231 points) and No. 25 BMW M6 GTLM (230 points).

The No. 912 Porsche 911 RSR of Vanthoor and co-driver Gianmaria Bruni finished second, 0.621 seconds back, for the team’s second consecutive runner-up finish. The No. 67 Ford Chip Ganassi Ford GT of Ryan Briscoe and Richard Westbrook finished third and also remains in championship contention, 11 points out of the class lead.

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/imsa/fo...america-tightens-gtlm-standings#ixzz4p7TFyK8I

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Too many cautions at the end but a great race for us none the less. If it wasn't for all the cautions I think the #66 wins by 8+ seconds. That's racing though.

Vince H