Looking for a Black 05-06 Ford GT! Any leads appreciated

doug5m5

Feb 23, 2017
Newport Beach Ca
Yes , I was wrong to post on your post. As a older guy with very little experience with social media "threads" , "posts" ect. I best stay off.
Yes, there are a lot of cars for sale. Such a wide spread on asking prices and will take your advise. Thks !

yumaverick

Jun 23, 2014
....There are plenty of GTs to go around for everyone....

Worst strategy is to be in a hurry to buy a car, much less a GT.

Set aside a few hundred (if not thousand) to do your research; this includes getting on a plane; hiring GT-PPI expert (then seeing quality of work of said PPI) and then bargaining super hard-ball (eg,min -10 to 15% of list/ask price).

This is a quarter million $ car; many do same amount of research as on LCD TV or microwave based on 2nd hand phone calls/word of mouth.

There are several parts on the car (clamshell, transaxle that are in $10,000s and if you are not there in person to note engagement/tolerances/condition you could be duped easily.

Take your time; another will show up; generally in better condition, for less, and better terms.

I agree. I've bought $250,000 plus cars before and had a ppi done each time. The question here is do I even bother doing a ppi or just pass on this car? The other gentleman said it had paint damage, but never saw the car. The owner of the car is telling me bring any expert and that it's mint. Definitely gonna give it thought over the weekend. Thanks!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Yes , I was wrong to post on your post. As a older guy with very little experience with social media "threads" , "posts" ect. I best stay off.
Yes, there are a lot of cars for sale. Such a wide spread on asking prices and will take your advise. Thks !

Doug,

Don't stop posting in general Doug. Participating in this Forum will make your ownership experience much better. DBK deletes and/or modifies my posts occasionally and BONY deleted my stuff regularly!!! I don't sweat it and neither should anyone else. Cheers.

Chip

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Doug,

Don't stop posting in general Doug. Participating in this Forum will make your ownership experience much better. DBK deletes and/or modifies my posts occasionally and BONY deleted my stuff regularly!!! I don't sweat it and neither should anyone else. Cheers.

Chip

+1

We have all made mistakes.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
That's how we learn. At least it seems that's how I learn. :frown

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Stick around. We all get slapped now and again. Indy GT would bully me to no end in the past and Xcentric still does.

yumaverick

Jun 23, 2014
Had a chance to see a black GT over the weekend with stripes next to a stripe delete and I really preferred the striped car. I'm also open to red and white GT's if the price is right (Below 230k). Thanks for the help guys! Keep the PM's coming...

yumaverick

Jun 23, 2014
Bump...Still looking