2006 GT shuts down on acceleration

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Might be worth running on a dyno. That should eliminate ABS issues. Can monitor the whole system without having to drive it. I don't think it is a fuel pressure issue with this type system. I have had a pinched line and a blocked filter on other cars and they can be difficult to locate but this is going into a limp mode by the CPU. Something is telling it to do that.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I'd be looking at the battery connections too. It's easy and free (giving special attention to the chassis connection). I also noted that my starter had a wire the could occasionally touch the half-shaft shields. This was an effect of an after-market exhaust and heat more than anything else. Weird system power can be the worst problem to try and solve.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
The OP has responded about checking the battery cranking amps. That will put it into limp mode which is what he was describing. He wasn't describing the car cutting out, missing, stumbling, etc. He described it not letting him drive faster than 45-50, that's a description of limp mode.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Has not responded. Stupid autocorrect again.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk