One of my greatest inspirations

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Our lives are relatively short considering all of the places to visit and experiences to be had. I came to this realization a few years back and made it my personal life goal to experience as much as possible during my relatively short time here on earth. I wake each day with the knowledge that if it were my last, I would have lived more than 99% of the population that ever walked the earth.
My biggest inspiration for aggressive continual self improvement is the remaining 1%. Joey and few others like him help me realize my fullest potential. We all have people like this within arms reach. It is up to us however, to understand and appreciate what they have done and continue to do. Joey, I am proud to call you my friend and hope to live a life as fulfilling and rewarding as yours.

http://countryroadsmagazine.com/travel/outdoor-adventures/still-riding-after-all-these-years/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
I had a great friend and mentor who was still riding one of his three motorcycles at 86!! Loved life and left a marvelous legacy when his heart failed in January this year. He and his wife discipled about 100 college students each summer at Silver Dollar City in Branson and Dollywood in Pigeon Forge. I remember well the summer of '15 when he "ran over" to Eureka Springs on his dirt/road KTM. He loved the twisties and hills of the Ozarks.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I thought this was going to be about cereal.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I thought this was going to be about cereal.

Good one! That would be about me lucky charms!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Great story. He lives near me in Folsom.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Great story. He lives near me in Folsom.

After reading your comment, I thought we were neighbors! Unfortunately, the article fails to clarify that he lives Folsom, Louisiana not California.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I had a great friend and mentor who was still riding one of his three motorcycles at 86!! Loved life and left a marvelous legacy when his heart failed in January this year. He and his wife discipled about 100 college students each summer at Silver Dollar City in Branson and Dollywood in Pigeon Forge. I remember well the summer of '15 when he "ran over" to Eureka Springs on his dirt/road KTM. He loved the twisties and hills of the Ozarks.

I hope to be as healthy when I'm their age, because I will be doing similar activities.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
After reading your comment, I thought we were neighbors! Unfortunately, the article fails to clarify that he lives Folsom, Louisiana not California.

At least that explains why I'd never heard of him. Thanks for clarification. The only legend in my area is Ed Sims!