GT500KR

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Thinking of getting a 08-09 KR. Opinions from any of you guys with them. I would use it as a DD. (I drive 3 miles to work) and just a fun everyday car. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I like mine, an 09. They can be had for high 40's to low 50's for 5-10K mile car.

Good looking (but I know that's subjective!) and pretty easy to drive. And anything with 550HP has to bring a smile to ones face. I like that it's 6spd manual only. Pretty decent handling though it still the older live axle design.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Not looking for a garage queen. Local one with a whipple!! Just tire kicking!! Thanks.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Well I pulled the trigger. This car exterior, interior, undercarriage etc was pristine. He was the original owner with all the original parts, window stickers etc. Drove her home about 300 miles. Fun trip!! He really didn't want me to drive it home because it didn't have a single chip on her!! He got pretty emotional about letting her go but he has a bad back and couldn't even drive it anymore. I promised I would treat her well. My first mustang!!

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Congrats, nice car. I want one of them, wow that it's your 1st mustang. I sometimes wish I could say that.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Nice!! Enjoy!!

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Yea pretty cool when you can take 3 of the kids for a spirited run in a 750hp car. I had them giggling!! One said they love the feeling of being pinned to the seat. My wife may take it from me. She drove it to church this AM and texted, "thanks for my new car honey".

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Congrats on the new car! At 750hp a Super Snake?

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
KR with a whipple!!

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
More photos

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1058.jpgIMG_1051.jpgIMG_1064.jpgIMG_1049.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Very Nice. Desirable year and model. :thumbsup

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
So I took the KR out for some spirited driving followed by my GT with pulley and tune. First the KR. Massive power with the whipple and with the 3.73 gears very violent. It jumps to redline in split second in first and second. First gear is worthless. Car does feel big and heavy. It pulls so hard though. Very fun car.

Then to the GT. Light, nimble, precise, long and leggy pulls. Just love the small steering wheel!! Much better stereo when I choose to listen to something besides that beautiful engine noise. Great dichotomy.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Nice car!

I know what you mean about the 1st and 2nd!!

A big motor, and short gears in a front engine car is always lots of fun and can be very dramatic. If you so choose this car would make for some very exhilarating experiences.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I can see why you could easily get in trouble with this car. It's got the upgraded 1 piece aluminum drive shaft too. The prior owner did it right. I was going to daily drive it but it's almost too perfect!! The prior owner has called ever day this week. He wanted to make sure I didn't drive her in the rain!! Car has never seen rain...till now!!

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I had the garden variety 2007 GT500 new and held onto it for three years. A real blast to drive! Enjoy it.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I have been. Cooler temps not good for traction.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Nice car!
I still have my 2007 GT500 convertible, black/stripe-delete. First “fun” car I was ever able to buy new, as a reward to myself after my first year in medical practice and having paid off some school loans. Within a year, I had gone from the JLT pulley/tune and SLP Loudmouth exhaust, to 3.4 Whipple with AR headers, Bassani exhaust, boost-a-pump, 3.73s etc. I only had 5000 miles on it last year when I cracked pistons 5 and 7 due to detonation. Had L&M build me a custom short block, and went with their NSR cams since it was apart anyway, and have about 100 miles on it with the new engine. Tuned more conservatively now, and still makes 725 rwhp on 91 pump, 18 lbs boost. Basically identical to my FGT numbers. Heavy, yes, but such a BEAST. Sad, it hardly ever gets driven anymore, but I can’t bear the thought of parting with it... partly because I probably wouldn’t get 25% of what I’ve got into it!

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Hey... I certainly understand.

Enjoy!!