Interested in Ordering a Focus RS

Bill I.

Oct 9, 2013
Farmington Hills, MI
So here's a little background,

I am in my late 20's and am a Ford employee (FCSD) in the Metro Detroit area. I have an F-150 and absolutely love it, especially since I bought a foreclosure 3 years ago and have been fixing it up with my dad. So life's good and I'm trying to decide what the next toy will be. I grew up working in a shop (several repair shops as well as a restoration shop) until i was finished with my education. I am truly blessed to be at Ford and to be where I am at this age.

The dream has been to buy a true project car and fix it up however the Focus RS has really peaked my interest as a second car. I spoke to my dealership and I can order one to my liking for MY2018 if I so choose. They have 4 on their lot at the moment, however they are are close to $45k and not exactly what I would like.

My goal would be to keep it as a second car long term and just enjoy it for what it is. Any opinions on the RS from an owner?

Thoughts are appreciated.

Bill

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Buy used. Pay cash. Invest equivalent of new car payment every month. Retire young.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Have a look at post no. 24 below: (and good luck with your purchase, I don't think you can go wrong with the RS)

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...cus-RS-Arrived!!/page3?highlight=focus+review

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Check this out. Bartow Ford, Tampa area.
All discounted and available as of last week when I bought my daughter an Escape.

IMG_8748.jpg

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Buy used. Pay cash. Invest equivalent of new car payment every month. Retire young.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Good advice.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Buy used. Pay cash. Use savings to start your own business. Retire young. Repeat for greatest effect.

Bill I.

Oct 9, 2013
Farmington Hills, MI
I appreciate the feedback and advice here. There are some very experienced and wise people on here.

Thanks again,
Bill

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
RS owner here. Absolutely great car. You will love it--one of the most entertaining/fun cars to drive with incredible performance for under $50K.

I couldn't agree more on the "buy used" advice although prices are dropping on lots everywhere since supply caught up with demand. Good luck!

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Those must be mad fast.
Are they AWD?

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Yes, they are AWD with active torque vectoring. While they're relatively quick in a straight line, they're insane in the twisties!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
They are really mind warping in their cornering abilities with very little skill/effort from the nut behind the wheel.

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
Do it. Car is a blast! I just got mine last month. More fun than my FR500; obviously a different animal but nearly as much fun as the GT350R I was lucky enough to recently pick up. I plan on taking it to High Plains Raceway here outside of Denver this month. I'd recommend the Sto N Sho front license plate bracket if you have to run a front plate in your state. Keeps the front clean and is super quick to take off for the track. Where I mounted mine reduced my ground clearance but I couldn't drill into my bumper cover and put that cheap plate bracket from Ford on it.
IMG_5359.JPG.jpg
IMG_5682.JPG.jpg
IMG_5909.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 6.35.39 PM.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5359.JPG.jpg
    IMG_5359.JPG.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_5682.JPG.jpg
    IMG_5682.JPG.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 97

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
...also for 2018 there will be a limited edition with limited-slip front diff and Red as an exterior color option. Couple other little things...http://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2017/05/2018-limited-edition-focus-rs.html

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Yes, they are AWD with active torque vectoring. While they're relatively quick in a straight line, they're insane in the twisties!

I should get one. Winter beater!

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
I agree! They'd be a great winter beater. On numerous occasions I've found myself literally giggling like a kid just hooning it around turns and causing menacing backfires. Seriously makes you feel young again!

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I have mine for 6 months now. Great in snow with optional snow tire wheel package! Definitely makes you feel young again with 6 speed and exhaust pops! I did the adrenaline academy one day course ford offers in Utah and it was a blast (did second day with mustangs). I got the frozen white thinking nitrous blue was " too young"! But regret it Go for the blue and red available as limited color for 2018. I have also added a tune and other performance parts and car really goes!
If buying used stay away from early 2016 cars, some engine block issues.