Delivery Delay

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Looks like Ford has recognized that they will not get to 250 deliveries in CY 2017. Bummer, however I'm still ecstatic to be one of the lucky First 500.

usmcfred

Dear Fred,

We are writing to you regarding the status of your Ford GT. As you know, the Ford GT is a low-volume, hand-built super car that follows a unique and exclusive production process. The craftsmanship required to build these vehicles for global markets has required that we adjust our original timing projections, and the intent of this notification is to make you aware of these changes.

We originally sent you your "Order Window Notification" letter marking the three-month timeframe in which you would enter your ordering window with the Ford GT Concierge. If you have already ordered your vehicle, you were given a seasonal projection for your delivery timing. These projections were calculated based on local approvals for sale, transportation groupings, seasonal weather conditions, and vehicle order configurations.

If you have already placed your order, your Ford GT Concierge will provide you with an updated three-month projected delivery window within one week. If you are waiting to enter your order window, we will be contacting you within one week with a new "Order Window Notification" letter.

Thank you for your patience and understanding; we value you as a true Ford ambassador and know you will love this vehicle.

Sincerely,

Dave Pericak
Global Director
Ford Performance

Henry Ford III
Global Marketing Manager
Ford Performance

Last edited:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Just got the same letter

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Same here. At least it's confirmation we are still on the list.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Same here.....wonder how much of a delay we are talking about?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Same letter ..maybe they are going to speed things up. Forever hopeful!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Same here.....wonder how much of a delay we are talking about?

They'll tell us next week, but I'm guessing 3-6 months

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Just received my letter also.... A delay does not bother me too much.... Just make sure all the vehicle builds are 'perfect' and I am OK>

andy (ajb)

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Received the delay letter today. It's OK. we understand, and when Ford is ready, we are ready. Good things come to those who wait!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Agreed on all accounts. The GT is worth the wait. It will only continue to grow my anticipation of what is sure to be the greatest vehicle I will ever own.

Vince H

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
The letter also arrived in Europe.

For this continent, the «*order windows*» was in summer and autumn. We'll know more next week.

I hope that the delay will not prevent the European owners of the new Ford GT, from being gathered for the first time at the «*2018 Le Mans Classic*», that we are preparing for the first weekend of July.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
Are they paying interest on the deposit?

Joe

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
There is no deposit until your order is in the books.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
All I care about is getting a car. Would just love to know for sure that at some point there will be a firm commitment to build the ones they've told will be getting an allocation.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I was surprised, in some little way, that the letter came from Dave and Henry.

That carries some big weight to those who are waiting.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Clock's reset. No big deal

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I think it is very cool of Ford to keep us informed. No one likes to wait but for this car the wait will be worth it.

Ed

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Everyone seems to be taking the news calmly. Like Ed says good that Ford is keeping everyone informed.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Sadly my wait time hasn't changed one iota.

JCO1966

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 22, 2006
Greenville SC
I was told by a friend who knows the people at MutiMatic that they are making about 1 car per week. I hope that is not true...but it will be worth the wait!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I was told by a friend who knows the people at MutiMatic that they are making about 1 car per week. I hope that is not true...but it will be worth the wait!

Uh, no.

They've resumed delivering cars. One this morning with 3 others on the truck, and another in a different direction. Multiple forum members will have cars in the next 5 days.