Delivery Delay

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Uh, no.

They've resumed delivering cars. One this morning with 3 others on the truck, and another in a different direction. Multiple forum members will have cars in the next 5 days.

Cool! Can't wait to see who's going to be posting next.:pop

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Cool! Can't wait to see who's going to be posting next.:pop

Those will be VERY happy posts! Yeah Ford! & Multimatic too.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Letters dropped. Check your emails. My order window was pushed 4 months.

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
Letters dropped. Check your emails. My order window was pushed 4 months.

What was your original window? Mine was originally Sept to Nov of this year, and it moved well over a year? Don't understand...

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Read your notice carefully, myself (and others) got the letter and on first read it looked like a few months but look at the year - my delay is slipped fron end 2017 to early 2019! I can understand a few months, but over a year?..

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
Read your notice carefully, myself (and others) got the letter and on first read it looked like a few months but look at the year - my delay is slipped fron end 2017 to early 2019! I can understand a few months, but over a year?..

Holy Crap! I just got my rescheduled order window. I thought that since I was a Sept to Nov of this year, that I might see a 4-6 month delay. But my order window and delivery was pushed more than a year!!! What???

First time I read it, I didn't think it was too bad and assumed it was just a few months - but then I noticed the years were 2018 and 2019, not 2017 and 2018...

"Currently, the timeline established for your complete Ford GT experience is as follows:

Order Engagement - August 07, 2018 - October 06, 2018
Order Freeze - November 07, 2018 - January 06, 2019
Build Completion - February 26, 2019 - May 27, 2019
Delivery - March 19, 2019 - June 17, 2019"

I would really appreciate more of an explanation. Pushing this far when I was so close is frustrating...

Trying hard to keep things in perspective that I was fortunate enough to be selected and that "Great things come to those who wait..."

Frank the Tank

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Like everyone else, who got the Ford GT Concierge Team letter, today, not the best news.

Delivery window is 9-2019 for my new GT.

I'll have way more than 200,000 miles on my "06 GT by then!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
My original Order Engagement was Oct-Dec '17. My new window is:

Order Engagement - January 18, 2018 - February 17, 2018
Order Freeze - April 18, 2018 - June 02, 2018
Build Completion - August 08, 2018 - October 07, 2018
Delivery - August 29, 2018 - October 28, 2018

Floridaho Chris and I had same original window (we live 40 miles apart) and his new order has been moved to the same as mine (actually only 3 days different).

I had heard that these cars are delivery climate sensitive (tires, trucking etc) so my guess is the difference in everyone's delays also reflects on where you live and weather temps. This, combined with the obvious complexity of these pieces of art, delays are to be expected.

1 off hand built cars are new to me and honestly I'd like to have had the car yesterday. However the fact this former insignificant print shop owner living in Podunk Idaho is even getting a shot at one of these when more that a few billionaire collectors are on the outside looking in ....I'll be happy and content to wait with a permanent "Ford stamped smile" on my face.

Once again Bill, Henry, Raj, Dave etc, etc, etc, thanks for the opportunity. :usa

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Although the delay is unfortunate, we would be lying to ourselves if we said we didn't see this coming. I have no doubt that Ford and Multimatic are doing all they can to get up to "a GT a day" of production. No way I'm going to fault them for putting build quality and craftsmanship above production rate. In my experience, anything of this quality has a learning curve and I'm sure they are close to executing what they need to do to run at full speed. I for one am happy that the GT program is holding true to this ideal. This has zero effect on my gratitude of being chosen and enthusiasm of ownership. I'm sure all of you feel the same way. I just wanted to get my opinion out there before the naysayers start writing articles saying there is trouble where there is not.

Proud Ford Ambassador,

Vince H

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

The new #34 is under construction now. Unfortunately it looks like it won't make it to the Rally but knowing it's partially complete makes me very happy. I received the note below.

Currently, your vehicle is targeted to finish production between September 01, 2017 - September 15, 2017, with an expected delivery date of September 22, 2017 - October 13, 2017.

Yeah baby!! :banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

Chip

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I second the comments of Steve and Vince. I'm happy to be on the list. It will get here when it gets here. First world problems to the extreme.

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
I remain truly happy to be on the list and am thankful to tall the folks at Ford for the opportunity. That said, I would like a better understanding of what is going on to cause such extended delays, and why my relative position on the list changed relative to others that were later in time.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
So..........

Can I still get my cool Carbon Fiber box??:rofl I love that thing!

Personally I am good with it all. It actually gives me more time to figure out a custom color. Or maybe even get lucky enough to get a Gulf Heritage, assuming they do one.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Its all good! I am so extremely grateful to be in the company of the selected. My enthusiasm is very high and I am especially excited for those of you who have been taking delivery or soon will be (YOU'RE CARS ARE AWESOME MAN!!)

This car is a definite life changer, sometimes I feel like I'm dreaming,but how nice it is to know its really happening.

Thankful and proud Ford Ambassador here!

Stefan H

Last edited:

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
LOL. Is it really that difficult to understand the delay? Really?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Maybe it's the CF? Can they substitute fiberglass? LOL.

Ed

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I got my letter from my concierge today. Long story short, order window is basically December 2017 and latest projected delivery end of July, 2018. Not too bad considering.

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
Order date moved back one year! Frustrating but no doubt will be worth the wait! Quality is more important than quantity! I know when I do get the amazing GT, it will be right! Thanks Ford for allowing us the opportunity to drive a "race car" on the street! I am ready for it! I wanted to drive the new GT to Pebble Beach next Concourse year 2018, but maybe 2019 now!

Last edited: