Porsche Driver Unhappy

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Poor bastards, they are just are never happy. Perhaps they'll find solace in future FIA rules making. :lol

Highly recommend Porsche taking the Aston-Martin course in 'Successfully Influencing Your Sanctioning Body' a.k.a. 'Best Red Wines of Bordeaux' that is now being offered on-line.

http://www.racer.com/wec-le-mans/item/142316-lotterer-le-mans-points-decide-wec-title-too-early

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
waa waa waaa/////

one thing I will give credit to the Ford/Ganassi Race team is that (at least publicly) they are not complaining.

We, on this forum, are going waaa waaaa waaa more than they are...
andy (ajb)

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I believe that the Ganassi Team understands that the current situation for BoP is a direct byproduct of their performance at the LeMans race last year. Doesn't mean they aren't frustrated by the process, just that they appreciate the context of having to carry an extra passenger with (in aggregate) 50 less hp.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Fake news Rex! :lol

That article wasn't about BoP. It was about the points system used to determine the season-end championship. I don't buy the logic of eliminating Le Mans, the most important race in the season, from the points calculation.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Ah, caught me....it was a 'related' story, same crazy people administering the programs. Just took the opportunity to help cast light on the depth of the Porsche push to control all 4 classs. Agree, reducing the points/importance of the LeMans race would be detrimental to the endurance racing crown.