Group Buy Opportunity: Pro-Tint Windshield Tear-Offs for Rally 12

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Please add me for 2 layer if not too late to get on the list.
06 Ford GT
Thanks,
Fred
Fred, is that for your GT or your goggles on your Morgan???????

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Please count me in for a 2 layer on my 05 GT

Thanks,

Dave

Please add me for 2 layer if not too late to get on the list.
06 Ford GT
Thanks,
Fred

Hi Dave and Fred! Got you both down. Here's the current list...

Currently signed-up:

GTMD (4 layer)
Jim (Anya) (2 cars, both 4 layers)
68Rcodeman (4 layer)
ChipBeck (4 layer)
Blue Moose (4 layer)
Naford (4 layer)
KennethClay (2 layer)
TACHY (4 layer)
GKW05GT (2 layer)
TO AWSUM (2 layer)
Mike Mosing (2 layer)
Apollo (2 layer for Lotus Elise)
V1perman (2 layer)
Spirit (2 layer)

I'm still working with Pro-Tint on the exact timing but shooting for the Wednesday the 23rd and Thursday the 24th in the AM before the festivities get started. Will keep you all posted!

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
I will be in town early. Sunday or Monday if he wants to get it out of the way. Thanks for your efforts.
David

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
No problem David. My pleasure.

Heath at Pro-Tint is targeting a one-day install for everyone, most likely on Wednesday the 23rd. He said a 4 layer only takes 40-50 min and 2 layers are even quicker. He's planning on sending a couple of guys to do the installs. DBK is checking with the hotel to be able to use the covered garage for installs.

Will send more updates as things firm up more.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Fred, is that for your GT or your goggles on your Morgan???????

Goggles? - Hum :confused

Never thought about it for goggles. :lol

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Good Morning Ya'll!

I just got final confirmation of the details from Heath at Pro-Tint. The date is now locked in for Wednesday the 23rd. Heath is coming himself and also bringing his best installer. They should be ready to start installing between the hours of about 12pm and 7pm. There will be no installs available for the 24th because they are flying out the same day. So you have to be sure that your car is present and ready for the install that afternoon. There has also been a $10 price increase per layer to to help offset some of their unanticipated travel costs--I apologize for that but the price is still an excellent deal given the convenience of having them installed at the Rally. I hope you are all OK with that. If you are not OK with the final price and/or install date/time, please let me know ASAP so that Heath can plan accordingly.

So here are the final details and current list of GT owners signed up...

Pro-Tint Tear Off Install

Date: Wednesday, 8/23
Time: 12:00pm to 7:00pm
Price with Install: $110/layer
Payment Method: Credit card and/or checks preferred. Cash possible but change-making ability limited.

Currently signed-up:

GTMD (4 layer)
68Rcodeman (4 layer)
ChipBeck (4 layer)
Blue Moose (4 layer)
Naford (4 layer)
KennethClay (2 layer)
TACHY (2 layer)
GKW05GT (2 layer)
TO AWSUM (2 layer)
Mike Mosing (2 layer)
V1perman (2 layer)
Spirit (2 layer)

If anyone else is interested in signing up, please reply ASAP so that Pro-Tint can prepare accordingly. As always, I thank you for your patience and please reach out to me for any other questions or concerns that you may have.

Looking forward to seeing you all in Utah!

Seth Thomas

Last edited:

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
As a headsup for your scheduling, I won't be arriving until about 3 pm or later 23 Aug after driving about 10-11 hours from SD. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Hi Seth,
Unfortunately I do not think Monica and I will be able to get there early enough Wednesday for the install on the Elise. We are stopping by UMC to drop off our car on the way there. I appreciate your efforts.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
As a headsup for your scheduling, I won't be arriving until about 3 pm or later 23 Aug after driving about 10-11 hours from SD. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sounds great! We'll be on the lookout and drive safe!

Hi Seth,
Unfortunately I do not think Monica and I will be able to get there early enough Wednesday for the install on the Elise. We are stopping by UMC to drop off our car on the way there. I appreciate your efforts.

Not a problem at all Apollo! Thanks for the heads-up and let me know if you are able to swing it if things change.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I am interested in two layers if still available.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Any more word on confirming availability for My 2005 Ford GT and perhaps 2016 GT350?

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Any more word on confirming availability for My 2005 Ford GT and perhaps 2016 GT350?

Hi Tim!

Sorry for the delay. It shouldn't be a problem. I think they are sending extra material and they should be able to do the GT350 as well. I'm adding you to the list!

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Hi Everybody,

Here's the most current list of cars signed up for Pro-Tint Tear-Offs:

Date: Wednesday, 8/23
Time: 12:00pm to 7:00pm
Payment Method: Credit card and/or checks preferred. Cash possible but change-making ability limited.

Currently signed-up:

GTMD (4 layer)
68Rcodeman (4 layer)
ChipBeck (4 layer)
Blue Moose (4 layer)
Naford (4 layer)
KennethClay (2 layer)
TACHY (2 layer)
GKW05GT (2 layer)
TO AWSUM (2 layer)
Mike Mosing (2 layer)
V1perman (2 layer)
Spirit (2 layer)
Tim Cantwell (2 cars, both 2 layers, '05 GT and '16 GT350)

More updates to come as I learn the exact install location at the hotel.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Thank you!

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Hi Tim!

Sorry for the delay. It shouldn't be a problem. I think they are sending extra material and they should be able to do the GT350 as well. I'm adding you to the list!

Thanks

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Good Morning All!

Here's the final list of cars signed up for Pro-Tint Tear-Offs:

Date: Today, Wednesday, 8/23
Time: 12:00pm to 7:00pm firm
Location: St. Regis Deer Valley Hotel--parking garage to the right of the main entrance...see photo at the bottom of this post**

**Just walk/drive down to the garage after 12:00pm and we will take cars on a first-come, first-served basis. They will have two installers to do the installs. If a line forms, we will start a list with approximate time slots and text you when ready.

Currently signed-up:

GTMD (4 layer)
68Rcodeman (4 layer)
ChipBeck (4 layer)
Blue Moose (4 layer)
Naford (4 layer)
KennethClay (2 layer)
TACHY (2 layer)
GKW05GT (2 layer)
TO AWSUM (2 layer)
Mike Mosing (2 layer)
V1perman (2 layer)
Spirit (2 layer)
Tim Cantwell (2 cars, both 2 layers, '05 GT and '16 GT350)

If you have any questions, you can text/call me at (909) 633-3680.

Looking forward to meeting you all!
Seth

Deer Valley.jpg

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
A huge thanks to Seth for making this happen.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Hey Tim, not a problem at all. And thanks for the reminder/prompt :)

Some of you ended up with bubbles under the film that showed up 4-8 hrs after install. The bubbles were of varying sizes/shapes, some more distracting than others. I communicated with Heath at Pro-Tint regarding these bubbles and he said it sometimes happens and it is caused by small amounts of moisture trapped beneath the film. He said over time, when in a low humidity environment with decent air circulation, they will disappear as the moisture slowly migrates through the film. I checked mine recently and most have resolved to the point that they are barely noticeable.

He also said that if anyone is upset about them or the bubbles have not diminished significantly enough, he would gladly refund your money and apologized for the inconvenience.

Personally I would think that the inconvenience of a few small bubbles (assuming they were small) is a small price to pay for a protected windshield. I already know of one incident that Apollo reported of a rock that struck directly over the driver's side windshield while he was driving and although it nicked the film, it definitely saved him a costly windshield replacement. Thank god!

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. And I'm glad I got the opportunity to help protect our beautiful GTs!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I have a 4 layer on my windshield and I'm really happy with it. I don't even notice it unless I'm looking for it. I've got a couple small bubbles but they are no big deal and will probably go away in time. This was a great R12 service and I'll deffinately use this on my new GT.

Chip

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I'm sure it saved me a major chip right after install.