WTB - fun car for Rally 12

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi all

Looking forward to Rally 12 - and thinking of maybe buying a fun car to use there instead of renting. I would then bring back the car with me to Denmark after the Rally .... so therefore it will need to fit the crazy Danish import/registration tax system .....

Exotic cars like a FGT or any other supercar is out of the question - they will simply be too expensive to register in Denmark.

Cars that could be of interest could be Coyote Mustang coupes, Shelby/Roush/Saleen mustangs, 09-11 Challenger SRT8, 09-10 Corvette ZR1 etc. I prefer red, orange, green or blue cars :)

If you have a car of that type I might be interested. I would need to drive it in your title for the duration of the Rally. You can write me directly at a.nannerup@stantonchase.com

.... or a 67-69 Camaro, 65-66 Mustang, 65-67 GTO type Classic

cheers
Anders

Last edited:

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
This is classic Anders!
Worked a few years back when I found him a Boss 302 which he had fun with at the rally and then shipped it home.
Let's see what we can come up with for you this year buddy!
Would really prefer you stay with the Blue Oval but you do list a number of acceptable options.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Hi Anders,

I prefer red, orange, green or blue cars :)

Thought it was 70ies brown, wasn't it ? :driving:

You mentioned crazy danish import/tax system. I am not really sure, but I think classic cars (certain age) are import tax excempt in germany (would need to be verified). Would proxy import help ? Our annual registration tax for cars is based on engine displacement multiplied with smog status. That makes certain cars more expensive but still light years ahead compared to property valuation based systems. What's the deal in Denmark ?

Matthias

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
��

The car I buy this time is planned to replace my modified Audi S4 when it arrives in Denmark. Therefore automatik transmission is preferred ....

Any car less than 35 years old is taxed with a total of 37.5 % bases on bill of sale value. This is just to bring in to the country!
To actually register the car - a registrationtax of approx 62% of full estimated market value has to be paid. A brand new regular Mustang GT has a sticker of approx 110000 usd. You can then imagine the tax if I import a Mustang that is almost new ...

A 2008 SRT8 will most likely cost me approx 30k just in registrationtax ..... plus the 37,5% of what is on the bill of sale ...

A 35+ year car much less - 5% of BOS initially and a one time registrationtax og 3-7K depending on year/model.

Therefore a 2011 Mustang will cost considerably less than a 2013 .... but when I sell it ... probably not much difference due to little supply. As transport, insurance, handling etc. is quite costly - I need to buy wisely and as cheap as possible or it will end up being very high cost of
ownership ....

Thanks - I hope I find a good & fun solution again ����

cheers
Anders

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Would really prefer you stay with the Blue Oval but you do list a number of acceptable options.

�� You know that I'm probably one of the most Ford loyal car guys outside the US .... but I do occationally enjoy a non Ford just to keep my internal systems fully calibrated ������

I hope soon to include a red Cayman GT4 into the collection as well ����

The right deal on a red 09 ZR1, a 11 Mustang GT og 08-09 SRT8 would be optimal ...

With a red Mustang I could make it look like the Holman Moody Tdf Mustang released a few years ago .... always liked the looks of those.

Cheers - see ya soon
Anders

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Please talk to Bye Enzo. He has the kind of low level cars you like to drive.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Low level! Hah.
I have a 1970 RAIII Trans Am and a 1969 427/390 Stingray Vette available. Both 4 speeds.
Hardly what Anders is looking for.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Franks always the comedian 😂

I just sold my 69 427 convertible - and would mainly look at modern cars