2005 FGT

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
4 option car, upgrades done and all take off parts car sold with the vehicle. 2,400 miles

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
:facepalm:

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
For sale more often than the Brooklyn bridge.

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
You guys want to buy ? If not your comments are not needed...That is the problem with the internet too many unneeded comments
If you need to contact me my name is Frank Barba 717 648 5651 Call me to discuss this vehicle or you can keep talking $hit...
Most guys use an alias i use my real name I don't hide.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Frank, you have had the car for sale for nearly the entire last 10 years you have owned it. No matter what the market is, you stay consistently $30k or more higher than what the market is at any given time. These cars don't take years and years to sell. If you are serious, put a serious price on it, otherwise continue to get laughed at.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
No one's hiding. I don't want to buy and based on the last number of years you don't want to sell. I think most folks are just tired of you dangling it out there every so often, getting folks who don't know any better interested and just pulling it. Tell me where I'm wrong?

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Just asking what the secondary re sellers sell for. Thought it was sold earlier this year, guy balked.

Last edited:

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Just keep your comments to yourself. If you don't want me to post then i will leave and never return.
What a great bunch of guys in this club. Now I know what it is like to be the black sheep.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Frank,

Sorry to hear about your situation. I will be praying for you.

Hope your car goes to a good home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Sorry to hear about your health issues. Hope you get well.

If you need to sell you definitely want to get a fair return on your car. Having just sold a couple of cars privately (a vintage Ferrari and a Porsche GT3RS), it takes a while to move cars at this price point. Lots of lookers and tire kickers will waste your time.

Your options are....

1. Sell it essentially wholesale to a dealer. Although Shelby may be giving you the business, he would give you a reasonable price, pay you pronto, and the car would be gone fast. I sold my 70 Ferrari that way in a sinking market to a dealer last Dec. They accepted some market risk, and the car actually sold for a net loss to them at Amelia Island 3 months later.

2. Find a broker who will screen buyers and present the car for you. Typical commission is 5% but they do the legwork and have contacts with potential buyers. Or consign the car at a dealer. Probably similar fee.

3. Auction it off at a reputable auction house. Risk is whether the money is in the room that day. Reserve vs no reserve. Cost of transport, hotel, commission, travel etc.

4. Private sale. Can be painful and time consuming. Sold my Porsche that way to another enthusiast through Rennlist. Must have sent pics and descriptions via email to 20 people before a real buyer stepped up. Also gradually dropped price.

Get your car cleaned up and post some nice pics on here. If no action, drop price till market speaks.

5. eBay or BAT. Still issues with flaky buyers, scammers, etc

Best, AC

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Frank, sorry to hear of your health troubles. No one wishes bad for you, me included. If you truly want to sell the car, get it priced within reason and it will move. Your car will not sell or even get any real interest when it's priced well over market. True market range on your car is $270 - $290k retail. If you need proof of this I will be happy to provide it, other wise I wish you the best and hope you get it sold....

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Frank, sorry to hear of your health troubles. No one wishes bad for you, me included. If you truly want to sell the car, get it priced within reason and it will move. Your car will not sell or even get any real interest when it's priced well over market. True market range on your car is $270 - $290k retail. If you need proof of this I will be happy to provide it, other wise I wish you the best and hope you get it sold....

Agree

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
BaT is an interesting option. It is strong on 100% stock air cooled Tubos or nicely backdated 911's to name a couple of consistent contenders.

Seems a lot of cars have really cooled off lately. Especially late model American.

A Ford GT would have to be 100% stock and even then, probably not going to get strong bids.

Last edited:

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Sorry to hear of your medical problems. Good luck with the sale of your GT.

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
IMG_0556 copy.JPG IMG_0513 copy.JPG

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
IMG_0509 copy.JPGIMG_0515 copy.JPGIMG_0516 copy.JPGIMG_0518 copy.JPGIMG_0519 copy.JPGIMG_0520 copy.JPGIMG_0528 copy.JPGIMG_0533 copy.JPGIMG_0554 copy.JPGIMG_0555 copy.JPG