Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Go for it Nicky.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Progress! What did you make for a seat pad? Have you installed your harness?

NJS

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 23, 2017
SE Michigan
The Sparco guys were very generous and loaned me their display harness, pending delivery of mine:

Attachments

• IMG_4259.jpg
    IMG_4259.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 1,095

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Let her rip Nick!!
Have fun and let me know how it handles China Beach and Madness.

Rally 12 attendees doing the track event at Utah Motorsports Campus are in for a treat to see Nick at speed on the twisties :biggrin

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
Please share lap times with us, would be nice to see what it will do as delivered.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Is this you? Nice driving if so. Looks like this ZL1 was working pretty hard to just to keep up with your smooth pace.
[video=youtube;w-149CZk0oM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-149CZk0oM[/video]

NJS

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 23, 2017
SE Michigan
Yes. Absolutely fantastic experience! That video was the very first session of the day and the point bye just prior to slow down laps and pit in.

Spent the entire day in Track Mode, but didn’t reduce the nannies (my Track Insurance!).

The car felt absolutely confidence inspiring from lap 1. The chassis is neutral and extremely well balanced with early feedback from the tires. Brakes felt beyond excellent and far, far better than anything else I’ve driven – in spite of top speeds in excess of 10mph faster than the GT350R and later braking points, I always felt I was braking too early! On the Street this car is all about acceleration. On the Track, in Track Mode the Chassis Feedback and Brakes are just phenomenal.

The car handles like a dream and after giving my son and his buddy a ride, I had lots of requests for open seat time. When one of the event organizers got out of the car he said he couldn’t believe a car could handle and brake like that and described his ride as a “lifetime experience”.

The GT is a wonderful car on the track. I intentionally did not look at any data while at the track and learning the car. Reviewed it yesterday. It’s clear you have to recalibrate your brain to come anywhere close to exploiting the potential of this car – my braking points were too early and the tire noise (which is way, way higher than the PSC2’s on the GT350R) limited me from pushing the capability of chassis in the corners.

Can’t wait to get it on Track again!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Fantastic! Looking forward to hearing more as you learn the car. Thanks!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Video is mesmerizing.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Great video of the GT on the track. Cool to see the GT pull away from the track monster ZL1 on the straits, and that's not even the GT's best feature! Looking forward to more! Enjoy your car NJS.

Last edited:

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
From the Camaro tire audio he appears to really be hanging on for all it's worth trying to say I kept up with a new GT on the track. Which he (struggled) did. But the newness and costiness of the GT puts you at a bit of a 10/10's disadvantage. Would have liked to see the Camaro in car camera footage if you had switched cars and driven the 350R. Paddle shifters on the track are definitely nice to have and good to see that out of Keyhole the V6 could pull away smartly.

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
From the Camaro tire audio he appears to really be hanging on for all it's worth trying to say I kept up with a new GT on the track. Which he (struggled) did. But the newness and costiness of the GT puts you at a bit of a 10/10's disadvantage. Would have liked to see the Camaro in car camera footage if you had switched cars and driven the 350R. Paddle shifters on the track are definitely nice to have and good to see that out of Keyhole the V6 could pull away smartly.

Looks like mid to high 140's with the chicane, not too bad considering the cost of the GT and newness too. I would not say the Camaro was struggling, there was a lot of coasting going on in the corners in that Camaro. In fairness it is a lot easier to follow than to lead in a situation like that especially when lapping other cars. The GT looks very stable in the corners and quick up the straights.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
+1

NJS

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 23, 2017
SE Michigan
The Car fit well inside my 24 foot ATC Trailer, although loading and un-loading is definitely a 2 person operation:

Attachments

• IMG_4263.jpg
    IMG_4263.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Do you have an extra set of wheels for the GT?

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
The Car fit well inside my 24 foot ATC Trailer, although loading and un-loading is definitely a 2 person operation:

Tire Rack tire holders?

I have the same trailer, though I put e trac down on the floor. Was not channel set. Will get to that one of these years.
Glad to see the NFGT fits.

The video is great. The GT seemed very smooth and almost effortless throughout the corners. The Camaro was definitely working it and made up his time in the corners, as the GT didn't seem to push the corner or the traffic ahead.
Very telling with clear track. Without the traffic, the GT would have been , GONE!:wink

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
This brought a big smile to my face. So awesome you are sharing this with us. Like almost everyone else, it's crazy how planted the GT is. Engineering marvel.

Vince H

NJS

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 23, 2017
SE Michigan
Do you have an extra set of wheels for the GT?

Yes, I'm running CF on the Street and Aluminum for the Track. Had to get the open lug nuts to account for the narrower Aluminum hub design.

NJS

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 23, 2017
SE Michigan
Tire Rack tire holders?

I have the same trailer, though I put e trac down on the floor. Was not channel set. Will get to that one of these years.
Glad to see the NFGT fits.

The video is great. The GT seemed very smooth and almost effortless throughout the corners. The Camaro was definitely working it and made up his time in the corners, as the GT didn't seem to push the corner or the traffic ahead.
Very telling with clear track. Without the traffic, the GT would have been , GONE!:wink

The Tire Racks are ATC.

I was deliberately holding back from traffic unless I was in a point bye zone -- straights only with this group :thumbsdow -- in an attempt to minimize debris damage.