• IMG_4269.jpg
    IMG_4269.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 515

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Very, very nice! Video presented a Cool perspective! too! Thanks for sharing!! Enjoy!!

NJS

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 23, 2017
SE Michigan
Second session, took my son for a ride, still learning the car:

[video=youtube;OkJwJfZ3YnI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkJwJfZ3YnI[/video]

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
How do you like the paddles compared to the manual in your GT350R?

NJS

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 23, 2017
SE Michigan
How do you like the paddles compared to the manual in your GT350R?

Great question and a bit of a quandary for me.

I LOVE driving a Stick, both on the Road and Track. It adds a degree of involvement with the driving experience that's just fundamental and it's a big contributor to the fun of driving. That said, there's no question that paddles are faster and eliminate the potential for an over-rev on downshift. So I understand and agree it was the right choice for the GT, especially with a V6. Would I change the GT350R -- no way!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Watching the video, Clint Black's "nothing but the tail lights" is all I could hear in my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Not bad for the Camero. Am I the only one impressed at it keeping up??

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
That is so cool Nick! Love to hear and see how it handles on the track. I have raced many of races in a shifter kart at Mid Ohio. Awesome track. 120 mph a couple inches or so from the ground is the biggest rush to be had. ;)

Kevin

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Looks like the same line you coached me in the Boss.....:biggrin.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Not bad for the Camero. Am I the only one impressed at it keeping up??

+1 .. sounds like the 10 spd auto trany,, coming to a Mustang new you :)

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
The Camaro driver may have a lot more seat time. Just wait until Nick learns the capability of his new car. There is no substitute for seat time.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
The Camaro driver may have a lot more seat time. Just wait until Nick learns the capability of his new car. There is no substitute for seat time.

Nick doesn't even have a seat!!

Chip

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
good stuff!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Here is my .02 :biggrin
I personally was very excited when I saw the first video. After seeing Nick's video, I was even more so. I think there is an awful lot you can see and hear in these videos. The ZL1 is 640hp and really a monster on the track. The ZL1 is very fast, but no match for the GT! If you watch the Camaro in the first Video, you can see the driver has a white knuckle grip and pumped forearms. The tires are complaining profusely and he is missing apexes meaning he is pushing very hard to "keep up". Nick and his GT out front gap easily staying very smooth and consistent with lines, you see no drama, missed apexes, or car movement which means he is not stressing the car. Switching to Nick's video, you can see and confirm this huge contrast, his hands really tell the story. They look relaxed with no tension in his forearms. There is no drama from the car and very little noise from the tires. As he said he was being very conservative and just learning the car and the ZL1 was working very hard to stay on pace. I see a few things in this Video, Nick is a very good driver, and there is a lot more in his car. :thumbsup

Last edited:

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
+1 Impossible to draw any conclusions of two different people driving two different cars on an HPDE day nowhere near their limits. I'll show you a video of a miata passing a Ferrari....

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
I think there is an awful lot you can see and hear in these videos. The ZL1 is 640hp and really a monster on the track. The ZL1 is very fast, but no match for the GT! If you watch the Camaro in the first Video, you can see the driver has a white knuckle grip and pumped forearms. The tires are complaining profusely and he is missing apexes meaning he is pushing very hard to "keep up".
Nick and his GT out front gap easily staying very smooth and consistent with lines, you see no drama, missed apexes, or car movement which means he is not stressing the car. Switching to Nick's video, you can see and confirm this huge contrast, his hands really tell the story. They look relaxed with no tension in his forearms. There is no drama from the car and very little noise from the tires. As he said he was being very conservative and just learning the car and the ZL1 was working very hard to stay on pace. I see a few things in this Video, Nick is a very good driver, and there is a lot more in his car. :thumbsup

Thanks for your technical eye on these videos Apollo. Your technical driving expertise as well as Monica’s put you in a high echelon of driver skills. You know of what you speak. Your observations are similar to mine in post #12 but you say it so much better.:biggrin. I think the Camaro driver is driving to his edge just to keep up.

Knowing NJS as I do, he is a very modest individual who usually tries to stay under-the-radar. We have shared many track days together and I would be very, VERY surprised that the Camaro driver had more seat time. I know how many track events Nick did last year and it is astounding. He is professionally accredited on the track and has a plethora of seat time in many different vehicles. Again, those attending the R12 track event are in for a treat! He will have his NFGT "dialed in" by then.:biggrin

NJS

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 23, 2017
SE Michigan
Same session, out lap and first hot lap, after traffic, from a different camera. Still smiling!

[video=youtube;HWuvw-uZJ3M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWuvw-uZJ3M&feature=youtu.be[/video]

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Love it Nick! Keep it coming

NJS

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 23, 2017
SE Michigan
Just washed the car after it's first Track event. Most vulnerable areas for track debris and Tire marks, in order:

1) Air duct in lower door behind Front Wheels
2) Wheel Arch/Fender forward of Rear Wheel
3) Nose

All of these are wrapped, but will likely add Track tape for Utah.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I look forward to being passed by you.