Raced at Sebring 500

HUBBSTER

GT Owner
May 9, 2010
Miami, FL
Was a very tough race at Sebring w my Corvette Daytona Prototype. Had the Ginetta & Ligier as competition and a very fast Ferrari 458. Race started and 5 laps in There was a TORRENTIAL downpour.
I've never driven Sebring in that kind of rain. Lucky I saw the slippery flag on back straight so I braked down to about 60 mph for turn 17 where I ran into a lake and started hydroplaning towards the wall. Lucky I was able to save it and ther was water everywhere. I was slipping & sliding like mad.
On straight going into hotel I saw slippery flag again & slowed but not enough so I hydroplaned again but this time I spun backwards and 3 ft off the wall doing like 40 praying the car wouldn't hit the wall.
Finally I stopped, car just kissed the wall. Then a C6R goes flying past me over the grass out of control followed by a Porsche that was near another wall.
Then 4 more cars went flying past me on the grass out of control, lucky I didnt get hit. I decided to get the hell out of there. So I spun her onto the escape road then went through grass trying not to get stuck. Finally made it back on track, sideways across track. I restarted and went as far as the kink where I picked up pace car & red flag.
Race was stopped for about an hour. My team mate Alex Popow got in after the break and drove fantastically to end. He had an issue w fuel tank that car would sputter at half tank so he had to come in every 30 min for fuel. I was going to get in last hour but looked like rain and he's better than me in rain so I let him take it.
We won in crazy conditions.
Sunday I won 2nd 30 min Sprint race by 20 sec, 3rd race it w rained again so I took it easy & took 2nd in class, last race I took the lead the. My transmission started to not shift, finally got her to shift by double clutching and was able to hold onto 1st in Class , 3rd overall.

Attachments

• IMG_1044.jpg
    IMG_1044.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1036.jpg
    IMG_1036.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1026.JPG
    IMG_1026.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 142

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Glad ur ok.
Nice looking gals......
I don't recall seeing them when I saw you and the other car at the Glen a season or 2 ago.

HUBBSTER

GT Owner
May 9, 2010
Miami, FL
New girls. I'll be at Glen in Sept for SVRA w the Bubbles I hope.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
nice congrats !!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California