Gloss or Matt Carbon Fiber.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Does anyone know if the "Gloss carbon fiber" of the Ford GT 2017 (Front, Rear and Side Lowers finish), is polished, or varnished ?
Also, does anyone know if it is possible for the interior carbon parts (Door Sills, Air Register Pods and Central Console), to have them not Matte, but Gloss ?
I assume that the "Gloss" aspect is the same as the rear seat of the 2005/2006 model.

Thanks in advance, and Best regards from France.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
It is not possible to have interior carbon parts in anything other than matte finish.

Chip

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Saint Ho, When I ordered my GT I had to rely on the Concierge's opinion on the question of Gloss or Matte carbon fiber on my White/blue color choice with light speed interior. I was told that the Matte finish went better together with the interior dash and interior components than Gloss finish. I ordered Matte finish on registers, door sills and console so when you open the doors everything matches. At my time of ordering the computer order guide was not very clear and I couldn't tell what I was looking at very clear. My order was in November and things may have changed since then. Good luck on your order. I hope this helps in your decision. Tomy Hamon PS Since I don't have my GT as yet I personally have NOT seen this combination in person.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Tomy are you telling us we can order matte or gloss finish on registers, door sills & console?

Ed

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Saint Ho,

I spent 30 minutes examining two new GT's, one with matte CF wheels and exterior trim and the other with gloss CF wheels and trim. I loved them both and honestly do not have a preference. My new yellow GT is being built with gloss CF wheels and trim but if MM screwed up and built it with matte finish wheels and trim I wouldn't care a bit. They both look outstanding.

Chip

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Tomy are you telling us we can order matte or gloss finish on registers, door sills & console?

Ed

No, you can only order gloss on exterior CF. Interior CF is not available in a gloss finish.

Chip

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Only outside exterior exposed carbon fiber can be ordered in Matte finish or gloss finish. All come with Matte carbon fiber registers,door sills and console!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
No.

Attachments

• IMG_2442.jpg
    IMG_2442.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 317

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
I suppose if you are going to put protective film on the CF, the option would be gloss? Matt wouldn't be visible anymore and the film sticks better to gloss. Maybe a good idea to contact your protective film expert on this.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Saint Ho, When I ordered my GT I had to rely on the Concierge's opinion on the question of Gloss or Matte carbon fiber on my White/blue color choice with light speed interior. I was told that the Matte finish went better together with the interior dash and interior components than Gloss finish. I ordered Matte finish on registers, door sills and console so when you open the doors everything matches. At my time of ordering the computer order guide was not very clear and I couldn't tell what I was looking at very clear. My order was in November and things may have changed since then. Good luck on your order. I hope this helps in your decision. Tomy Hamon PS Since I don't have my GT as yet I personally have NOT seen this combination in person.

Thank you all for your answers, and special thanks to you Tomy, for all these details.
So our cars will look very much alike.

The 2017 Ford GT is seductive in every color.
Unfortunately, the tastes are subjective, evolutionary, and able to give frustrations.

In order to avoid any possible regret, I have built my choice on the basis of two objective criteria :
- The white with blue strips being the traditional color of the American racing cars, nothing seemed to me more suited to a Ford GT. This was the basis of my choice for my 2005.
- Nothing will probably give me more pleasure than the contemplation of the two sisters exactly the same color, side by side in the garage I just built for them.

For the outside, it will be White / Blue stripes, polished metal wheels and gray calipers (not blue), to exactly match with the 2005. I will probably choose gloss Carbon Fiber, to wake up the White.
For the inside, unlike you, and because I do not like the Alcantara, I think I will choose the leather of the "Re-entry" and these reminders of the outside white. Like you, I'll ask for a leather steering wheel.

I have just entered the period of my «*order window*», so I will have plenty of time to admire the pictures of your wonder before receiving mine

Thanks again, congratulations and best regards from France.

Francis. (Saint Ho).

Last edited:

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
Must be epic when finished. Are you getting matching S/N's (05-17)? Concerning the CF, probably matt protective film is available, so when the car is delivered you still could have matt CF. With the choice of gloss CF you are flexible.

SVTPony

Oct 5, 2006
Xpel has a protective film called Stealth. It is a matte finish and it retains the bare carbon look very well.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
When my GT arrives I will post actual pictures so others can see what she looks like as ordered. I haven't had that privaledge as there hasn't been one built like mine up,to this point that's been posted.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
This interior shot should help although it is not on a white car but a blue car and is the interior I ordered on my GT #0045.

Attachments

• IMG_4742.JPG
    IMG_4742.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_4744.JPG
    IMG_4744.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_4745.JPG
    IMG_4745.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Bony is smiling from heaven looking at all that CF!

Ed

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
As far as wheel selection goes on the new GT, it appears carbon fiber wheels will be the preferred option. I would like to see some pictures of the silver aluminum wheels since that would be my preference although I may be the minority. Have any of the delivered new GTs not had carbon fiber wheels?

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
As far as wheel selection goes on the new GT, it appears carbon fiber wheels will be the preferred option. I would like to see some pictures of the silver aluminum wheels since that would be my preference although I may be the minority. Have any of the delivered new GTs not had carbon fiber wheels?

Heritage GT's don't have carbon wheels and many of the prototype GT's driven for the magazine tests also have aluminum wheels.

Chip