Who's driving their GT to Utah for the Rally, from California, Nevada, or Arizona?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Was thinking of driving my '06 FGT from Southern CA to Utah for the Rally. Probably depart on the early afternoon of Tuesday, August 22nd and stay overnight in Las Vegas. Then leave in the late morning on Wednesday, August 23rd from Vegas to arrive in Utah before evening.

Flexible as to route though, depending on where people are driving from.

Advice or suggestions welcomed!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Vince H will be driving from SoCal. It's the same mileage from NorCal to SLC as it is from SoCal to SLC!

Ed

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
AlohaGT (Kelvin & Shelley) may be driving? Heritage is arriving to LAX soon.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thank you Ed and Kendall.

As luck would have it, my editor has booked a cover magazine photo shoot during the Rally. The talent is international and it was not easy to even find a date apparently. Somehow it hit smack in the middle.

Unfortunately, it appears I will miss the Utah Rally this year. I know it will be an awesome time to be enjoyed by all.

I look forward to hearing the stories and seeing the photographs. Nothing of course, is like being there, but it definitely puts a smile on my face to see the rally events and forum members, even if just in pictures and text.

It's amazes me how quickly time blows by. Seems like just a couple months ago, we were saying our good byes out front of the JW Marriott after the Texas Ford GT Rally.

All the best!

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
That's too bad. We wanted to see you Syco! Also your rally photos were the best!

Ed

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
That's too bad. We wanted to see you Syco! Also your rally photos were the best!

Ed

Thank you Ed! Always great memories hanging out with you and Heidi and the GT family! Have an amazing rally! I will be thinking of all you guys!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Shoot Randy, would have been great to catch up. If you are ever out towards Vegas, let us know, Would love to catch up with you, Monica and the kids.