Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
DEODd0XXcAIKIM9.jpg:large

Practice 1, 2 and 3 results.

Practice.gif

Qualifying coming up shortly :thumbsup

Porsches are blistering. That is a very fast series of practice laps. Will probably be a tough weekend. The GT is good in clean air when they can keep up momentum, but when they get in traffic and have to slow, it's very difficult to make up the power deficit they currently have.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Still pegged back and put in compliance, arrggh :facepalm:
Tough but bring it, lets race, should be a good one either way :thumbsup

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Will be there tomorrow

GeeTee

GT Owner
Jul 5, 2015
We'll be there too. Go Ford!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I'll be watching... I guess with the 2nd place in the last race it's going to be tough to get anything back from the BOP group..

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Clean start so far seems odd GT and Vettes in the back BOP at its finest

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, frustrating day for Ford and Chevy. They look like they are in GTD compared to BMW and Porsche.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
It's hard to sit and watch hoping for some stroke of luck or circumstance to rescue a podium finish

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
It's hard to sit and watch hoping for some stroke of luck or circumstance to rescue a podium finish

I agree, very frustrating realizing you have to wish for something bad to happen to other teams for us to be competitive. BOP had even taken away most of pit stop competition and strategy too. Still love seeing the GT and how good it looks at speed.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
#67 in 3rd

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Race to finish under caution. Westbrook in #67 will take 3rd.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Those awesome racing hippos P1 and P2. Way to go BMW. Westbrook in #67 P3.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Awesome job to make it to podium. Dirk was pushing hard to try for fourth, but last caution took away any chance.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
They can choke us out with restrictions now but they can't take away Lemans 2016!! Mission accomplished,the rest is gravy.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
My concern is this.... If BOP remains this aggressive and penalizing to Ford Motor Company... and will continue for 2017, 2018 and 2019... I could see Ford Motor Company Corporate Management decide to re-think participation in the out-years.

It sheds a poor light on Ford Motor Company to those who do not fully understand BOP....when race after race, They just see "Ford NOT Winning...."

Remember , We do this to WIN not to just 'finish.... but it is a bad use of Corporate Marketing and Engineering efforts and funds if you are 'destined' to only be an 'also-ran' unless something bad happens to the other competitors in a race....

andy (AJB)

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
time to dial back the BMW's that's two in a row,, It's someone else's turn to win !! :lol

I guess the reality is it's another form of entertainment vying for viewers. If one Mark was winning all the time I guess would be boring for everyone else..

I'm with Andy has just great to see the new GT running around the track! 3 years ago we could have never imagined this

Last edited:

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Good to see Ford back on the podium! BOP has made it challenging for mfgs. not named BMW or Porsche. Congratulations big Blue!!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Well the BMW's will face the restraints of BOP in the next race and that's leading to the Pace Car winning the race which most fans won't like! ha

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
After the 4 year GT run, I'd like to see Ford run a P car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
After the 4 year GT run, I'd like to see Ford run a P car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:thumbsup