These cars were made for driving

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
[video=youtube;BTAyr9XWrYE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?cks=16362986150&v=BTAyr9XWrYE&emailid=FP_FASTNEWS&app=desktop[/video]

I suck at embedding videos here but worth watching

Edit; Thank you Dave for fixing the link to the video. I saved the embedding coding (or whatever you call the call out in the boxes) so I can attempt to do it better next time.

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I had not seen those before, thanks for sharing!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Nice!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Watch this Mustang bum out a bunch of Porsches!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsGcYtYVeSE&t=53s

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
that was very cool Ron! was it you?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Sheesh, I'm getting old. Mustangs are typically targeted toward the younger crowd and although the GT350 might be price prohibitive for many young adults, lesser model Mustangs certainly are not. In this day and age, it is simply irresponsible to produce videos that in any way shape or form promote street racing. I literally just opened the forum after reading the Friday LA Times over a cup of coffee. Within today's Times, there's an article about the sentencing of a young driver for a 4-year prison term after a street racing incident caused the death of an innocent school teacher. I think Ford Performance is WAY off base with the pulse of social norms of what is acceptable.

I wish Ford would put the same percentage of $$ into "amateur" motorsports as comparatively tiny little Mazda does and help get more gearheads to the track - rather than produce crap videos like this one.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Fantastic performance at the Glen!

Was that a stock GT350R?

Bet they don't invite him back anytime soon.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Sheesh, I'm getting old. Mustangs are typically targeted toward the younger crowd and although the GT350 might be price prohibitive for many young adults, lesser model Mustangs certainly are not. In this day and age, it is simply irresponsible to produce videos that in any way shape or form promote street racing. I literally just opened the forum after reading the Friday LA Times over a cup of coffee. Within today's Times, there's an article about the sentencing of a young driver for a 4-year prison term after a street racing incident caused the death of an innocent school teacher. I think Ford Performance is WAY off base with the pulse of social norms of what is acceptable.

I wish Ford would put the same percentage of $$ into "amateur" motorsports as comparatively tiny little Mazda does and help get more gearheads to the track - rather than produce crap videos like this one.

Really?

I saw the cars go from an industrial parking lot to an on-ramp of a track thru the magic of editing.

What about Hollywood and the Fast & Furious stuff? Or Ken Block Hoonigan Videos?

I agree with you that Street racing is a serious problem, but I doubt the $ spent on this video, highlighting cars that very few will ever own, would go very far in a amateur racing series, tho again, I think an amateur racing series is a great idea on it's own merits.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca

Well, most of the video is actually on a track...

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If that's your takeaway from a commercial that says "closed course professional drivers," yes, you are getting old. It's a closed course, it says it's a closed course, it says it's a professional driver, there's not another car on the road (as you would expect on a closed course), and when the cars launch, they do so on a drag strip.

No offense, but that kind of response about a $55k sports car commercial is why eventually you'll be handed a helmet, a dull spork and assigned an attorney to handle a lifetime worth of litigation upon birth.

[video=youtube;C6cxNR9ML8k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k[/video]

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
If that's your takeaway from a commercial that says "closed course professional drivers," yes, you are getting old. It's a closed course, it says it's a closed course, it says it's a professional driver, there's not another car on the road (as you would expect on a closed course), and when the cars launch, they do so on a drag strip.

No offense, but that kind of response about a $55k sports car commercial is why eventually you'll be handed a helmet, a dull spork and assigned an attorney to handle a lifetime worth of litigation upon birth.

[video=youtube;C6cxNR9ML8k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k[/video]

don't forget the eye patch to protect you from your spork

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California

[video=youtubMcMinne;C6cxNR9ML8k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k[/video]
:lol:rofl:willy

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Crazy traffic

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Talking about driving, Anyone daily drive their GT350 ( with snow tires)?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
If I had one, I would!