Mayweather / McGregor match

Cobraguy

GT Owner
So the fight is on the 26th (last day of the Rally)....anyone aware of a venue big-screening the fight ? Any interest out there.... Maybe we can set up a group viewing.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
I'm not sure how interesting a boxing match is going to be between a marathon runner and a UFC fighter.....but I am going to watch anyway:rofl. Would be cool if we could figure something out.

They have a Buffalo Wild Wings around there?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
DBK is a fan.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I'll want to watch it. Not sure how a fighter that is trained to use his entire body to attack is going to fair against a pure hands fighter.

Vince H

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I'll want to watch it. Not sure how a fighter that is trained to use his entire body to attack is going to fair against a pure hands fighter.

Vince H

Successfully, I hope.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

When I first heard about the UFC I thought it was barbaric and should be banned. Then at age 4 my son told me he wanted to be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. So I started him in Tai Kwon Do. At age 8 Charley was a First Degree Black Belt and fought his way to AZ State Champion in his age division. I loved watching him fight. In high school he was a very successful wrestler and again, I enjoyed his combat. Probably because he almost always won but I also liked the respect and good sportsmanship the athletes had for each other and the coaches. So I finally watched the UFC and now I'm an addict. I love that damn sport and boxing is so boring by comparison (to me at least). It's great to see two men or women beat the hell out of each other for 15 minutes and then shake hands. I hope Conner kicks Mayweather's ass but that's not the way I'd bet. I'd like to see that fight too. Cheers.

Chip

SPEED DEMON

GT Owner
Nov 19, 2006
Albuquerque NM
i want to watch as well

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Mayweather is now an old man but he's still gonna beat the Irish out of McGregor. We'll find a way to watch it, but be prepared to be bored by an extended sparring session. Floyd Mayweather has made an absolutely staggering amount of money from people paying to watch him, hoping he gets his ass kicked, and then humiliating his opponent during snoozefests.

Ultimately, I will take the all-time great boxer with the undefeated record that has humiliated and abused Olympic gold medalists against the guy who has never had a professional boxing match before.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I'd like to watch too. If the fight is constrained to boxing rules, I'll put my money on Mayweather. Connor won't be able to use his best moves. It should still be competitive though, as Connor is much younger than Mayweather, and should have a significant edge in endurance, if he can avoid getting KO'ed. But on points, I'd bet Floyd.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It is a boxing match.

I will be stunned if it's competitive in any way, even though Floyd is a dinosaur. Despite his age he was rarely hit in his career and is as fresh as you could expect and stays in shape at all times. Boxing is a single discipline. It's one craft that people spend their whole life perfecting, and they still get their heads beat in by PBF. To me it's like sticking a decathlete against a sprinter. That guy running 10.50s looks really fast against a field of decathletes until Usain Bolt obliterates him.

That said, Floyd Mayweather can not only box me, he can shoot me in the leg with a 9mm glock right now for $50 million.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
That said, Floyd Mayweather can not only box me, he can shoot me in the leg with a 9mm glock right now for $50 million.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I told you he was a fan.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Everything you said is true, (and funny) But this is like Rocky.

Gotta pull for the underdog for an upset. Even if it just a freak of nature.

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.
Either way, they're both laughing all the way to the bank. The cynical side of me almost wants to think Floyd will let himself take a 'surprise' hit and take the fall. That would certainly set the stage for a very large Connor/Floyd rematch but maybe I'm just getting more conspiracy prone later in life.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, well considering McGregor already got knocked out in preparatory sparring (according to multiple people) with big puffy gloves, I'd say my man is in for a long and painful night.

It's possible it's a fabrication, but doubt it.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
We can all watch it at on DBK's phone! LOL

Ed

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
He's gonna need a bigger phone for all of us to see! I do have one of those little cube projectors though...

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I'll check with some places up here. Daly's comes to mind, it's in the Montage, has good appetizers, and some bowling alleys.
Any ideas on attendance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
The wife and I definitely plan on finding a place to watch. I feel this should be a forum-Rally gathering. Can't imagine there being many people that won't be there to watch....