Southern Cal OC Cars & Coffee

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Was at the Southern California Orange County Cars & Coffee this morning. This C&C is the latest venture to resurrect the was famous Irvine C&C. One 2005 GT was in attendance with some engine bling along with a couple of Panteras and several Shelby mustangs. Superformance factory rep was there with South African accent and with both a 427 Cobra and Daytona. Superformance builds one nice cobra with attention to detail. Most interesting car was a 47 MG TC Service vehicle and it had a factory super charger on it. Wow, I did not know they had super charged MGs back then. Backend of MG TC had spare tire and wooden slide out tool trays. Sorry for the rotated pictures tried to fix.

Attachments

• IMG_2029.jpg
    IMG_2029.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_2031.jpg
    IMG_2031.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_2034.jpg
    IMG_2034.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_2038.jpg
    IMG_2038.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_2036.jpg
    IMG_2036.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The Superformance (correct spelling) rep was probably Lance Stander although it could have been his son. The business is actually Hillbank Motors, with Superformance being one of the brands they sell. Hillbank is also a Shelby dealer.

I owned a Shelby CSX4xxx Cobra (one of a few carbon fiber cars) before I got my GT. The Daytona Coupe (which was originally a Superformance branded car but was slightly redesigned and is then and now a Shelby CSX9000 series) was a contender at the time of the GT purchase. The Shelby version made some changes that narrowed the transmission tunnel to help straighten the footbox (all Cobras and original coupes have an angle offset to the pedals). I had the opportunity to get an aluminum bodied coupe for the same price as the GT at the time; they had a buyer with a sizeable non refundable down payment that balked and they were willing to sell it for a discount. My wife vetoed the coupe as "just a cobra with a hard top".

Hillbank also is a dealer of the continuation version (by Caterham) of the Lotus Seven which was the car Number Six drove in the intro to "The Prisoner". Hillbank sells other cars than Shelby/Superformance. Superformance is manufactured by Hi-Tech which also makes replicas of cars other than Cobras/Coupes.

Last edited:

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Good to hear that event is getting traction again.
Can you provide the location or address?
Thanks!

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Yes, this next Saturday we are expanding into the adjacent parking lot. If any locals (So.Cal.) want to attend, please click on the Facebook link as there are recommendations for the entrance and exit to minimize noise. We have lost all of our local Car and Coffee events due to excessive noise and other "over exuberance". Hope to see a few to you there, Jay

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I'm not a Facebook guy. But I think I found it. San Clemente at 405 and E Avenida Pico.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
interesting MG cool supercharger.

we were at an even here last week and got to see a similar set up on an MG

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
It's best to take Avenida Vista Hermosa off ramp and then take the first left turn into "Outlets at San Clemente" as it keeps the traffic further away from the homes along Hermosa. It's right across from Ruby's Diner:

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.4404963,-117.6313598,16.67z

Jay

I'm not a Facebook guy. But I think I found it. San Clemente at 405 and E Avenida Pico.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Thanks Jay!