GT3 incident at the Glen

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Hope and pray Jeff is OK. No run off and narrow track with tons of Armco.

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/porsc...538231.8002852.1498913355-12578453.1470104333

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
IMSA announced that was released from the hospital this morning.

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
Hope and pray Jeff is OK. No run off and narrow track with tons of Armco.

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/porsc...538231.8002852.1498913355-12578453.1470104333

Is Jeff related to forum member Mike Mosing? I know Jeff from the GrandAm Conti series a few years ago. Nice guy FAST driver.
Glad to hear he's OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Is Jeff related to forum member Mike Mosing? I know Jeff from the GrandAm Conti series a few years ago. Nice guy FAST driver.
Glad to hear he's OK.

Mike's brother. FGT owner. Both great guys. Glad he got dismissed from hospital.

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
Mike's brother. FGT owner. Both great guys. Glad he got dismissed from hospital.

[emoji106][emoji106]

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Glad to hear Jeff is ok... hope his car didn't have too much damage.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
That's very interesting.
First of all I'm glad everyone is ok.
One of those guys wrecked when we were at WGI last month.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Holy cow, heard about the incident, but didn't know it was Jeff... Thank God he is OK.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Jeff is bruised up. Most pain was due to the sternum area from frontal impact. he walked out of the hospital yet gingerly. Surprising enough, IMSA cleared him to race the ST class with partner Eric Foss yesterday and they placed 3rd. Thanks for the prayers and concern.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks for the update Mike.. A very intense weekend for your brother !! After all that a 3rd place is fantastic !! Congrats !!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Now that is good news Mike. He must be pretty tough, and dedicated too. Well done getting a podium after that wreck!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Wow Mike. So glad your brother made it through safely and did so well the very next day. Amazing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Jeff is bruised up. Most pain was due to the sternum area from frontal impact. he walked out of the hospital yet gingerly. Surprising enough, IMSA cleared him to race the ST class with partner Eric Foss yesterday and they placed 3rd. Thanks for the prayers and concern.

Don't know you guys but I'm sure glad your brother is ok. That is a hell of a location for people to be sharing paint.
Any ideas on the catalyst for the dust-up?

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
Don't know you guys but I'm sure glad your brother is ok. That is a hell of a location for people to be sharing paint.
Any ideas on the catalyst for the dust-up?

Yes, two guys trying to occupy the same space at the same time! lol

All kidding aside, at the top of the esses there is a 'bus stop' (right, left, right), that has only one fast way through... two cars got together and the other cars couldn't avoid the ensuing carnage. The entry speed into the bus stop is really fast!

About $2mm dollars of damage. I heard 9 cars were involved and 7 are write offs.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Looked to me like they need another flag station.

The poor flag man amongst the mayhem grabbed the green flag for a few waves and then realized it and switched to yellow. Glad all we're ok.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Yes, two guys trying to occupy the same space at the same time! lol

All kidding aside, at the top of the esses there is a 'bus stop' (right, left, right), that has only one fast way through... two cars got together and the other cars couldn't avoid the ensuing carnage. The entry speed into the bus stop is really fast!

Merely for the sake of clarity I want to point out that the accident was nowhere near the bus stop.
After the "S's" is the back straight. Then the bus stop.
Respectfully

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
Merely for the sake of clarity I want to point out that the accident was nowhere near the bus stop.
After the "S's" is the back straight. Then the bus stop.
Respectfully

8a4512a6ba345a40a6bad22aa22c3105.png
e928cefa4f959e6eaa45a848aa75b139.png

I stand corrected... it appears to have happened at the top of the Esses, turn 4.

I thought the announcer said it happened 'after the esses, going into the bus stop' (called the inner loop at WG). It all looks the same on the TV screen.

In any case, a fast and narrow section of the track!

Thanks for the correction.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Now that is good news Mike. He must be pretty tough, and dedicated too. Well done getting a podium after that wreck!

Tough...yeah...Hard headed...yeah lol

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
A review of the incident from a Porsche website, Flat Sixes.

http://flatsixes.com/porsche-culture/porsche-accidents/chain-reaction-crash-watkins-glen/