WHERE ARE THE GT GUYS?

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
I haven't seen anything recently on the GT Guys and their travel schedule, attendance at the Rally for maintenance appointments, etc. Are they still in business or have they disbanded?

usmcfred

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Still working hard. Rich's car has been in some of the recent pictures with new GTs. They haven't really done a lot of work at a rally in a while, choosing to enjoy everyone's company rather than work. Rich designed an easy placement screen for the new GT wheel well.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Right here.

Gentlemen,

The GT Guy (Rich Brooks), was with me at dinner tonight at Ruth Chris in Troy, Michigan. Dave & Francesca, Blue Moose (John Tichi), was there too. John and I drove out from Arizona to pick up my '06 GT that Rich did some work to. The GT Guy shop is alive and well and busy as ever. Give him a call, he's not hard to find. Cheers.

Chip

Attachments

• IMG_2690.jpg
    IMG_2690.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 788
  • IMG_2692.jpg
    IMG_2692.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 838
  • IMG_2693.jpg
    IMG_2693.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 826

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Rich is still around doing great work on our GTs but correct me if I'm wrong, I believe he is now a one man band.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Fred
You finally going to come to the rally?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Rich is still around doing great work on our GTs but correct me if I'm wrong, I believe he is now a one man band.

Gentlemen,

You are correct. Dennis has retired and Rich is working alone now. When he needs another set of hands for a two men job like removing a clamshell his son helps him out. I asked him last night if he's going to bring somebody else on board and he told me probably not as he'd have to spend endless time training and watching over even a very experienced mechanic. Only a handful of techs on this planet are intimately familiar with every aspect of GT's. Rich isn't the only one but he's one of damn few and inarguably one of the very best. Cheers.

Chip

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
News to me. A happy retirement to Denis. Work hard and stay well, Rich!

Howard

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
great pics Chip, thanks for sharing, wish I could be there really wana to see the ins and outs of this new car. still waiting for Tomy to get his :)....

and agree with above wish Dennis a very happy retirement and luck in the future

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts

Does Rich still maintain the GT Guys website? If so, what is the URL?

Thanks ...

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Fred
You finally going to come to the rally?

Hi Ron, Yes, going to try to make it this year. Fred

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Congrats Chip on getting Ole #34 back. Once your new GT arrives, your son is going to be a happy camper getting to drive Ole #34. Cant believe we are calling our 05/06 GTs Ole Blue (Flagstaff GT) and Ole #34.

Last edited:

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
They haven't really done a lot of work at a rally in a while, choosing to enjoy everyone's company rather than work.

Certainly well deserved after all these years of working while we were playing. Congrats also to Denis was not aware he had retired.

I also cant imagine Rich taking on help. The way they worked as a team most time without even having a need to communicate was a sight to remember.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
News to me. A happy retirement to Denis. Work hard and stay well, Rich!

Howard

Ditto.

I enjoyed watching both of them doing great work at Rally 2

Semperfi3069

Sep 26, 2008
Hendersonville, NC
Hello Chip,
I sent Rich a message through Facebook, not sure how active that account is. You know my knowledge and experience with the GT is very solid. I am very interested in assisting Rich. I would message him through the forum but I am uncertain of his username or do you think there would be a better means to contact him ? Thank you for your help.
Dexter Allen
828-290-6410
blueovalgt@yahoo.com

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
PM sent.

Chip

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Does Rich still maintain the GT Guys website? If so, what is the URL?

Thanks ...

I wasn't able to find it, only some links that are no longer functional.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
you'll fin d link for Rich under supporting members on forum home page.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Rich is replacing my windshield next week.