Sarasota FL Ford

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I have recently moved to FL, and I need my airbag recall done and would consider a complete service (ie. oil pump belt, etc).
This shop has been recommended in the past.
Please let me know about your experience with them.
Thanks,
Mark

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
One person only at Sarasota Ford. Rick Wiedenroth is the GT tech. Kenny Bateman is the service manager.

You can drive your GT directly to Rick's service bay and nobody else will touch your car.

Highly recommend Rick.

Last edited:

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
You can't go wrong with Rick. He is the only one who works on Ford GT's there. Very knowledgeable, thorough and meticulous. Sarasota Ford has also made the investment in servicing new Ford Gt's. I know first hand Rick has done clutches, oil pumps, exhausts.

Howard

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Thanks Gentlemen.
Appreciate your input.
Best,
Mark

Tomcat

GT Owner
There is another thread on airbags (driver's side only is available, etc...); have you decided what you are going to have done with the bags?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
There is another thread on airbags (driver's side only is available, etc...); have you decided what you are going to have done with the bags?

Rick replaced the driver side inflator. 10 minute job. Passenger side inflator still not available. Some of the affected cars may not have parts until 2020. Astonishingly, some manufacturers installed defective inflators in 2016 and 2017 models. '17 Ferrari 488 is under recall.