Ford GT vs McLaren 720S

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
thank you did not know how to include both post in a quote here is my 5 bulldogs IG account if you want to see more

https://www.instagram.com/wazzy_max_pcj_cobalt_fletcher/

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
tesla is badass we are on our 3rd one P85+ to P85D now X P100D

nothing better pull up to a exotic car and smoke it to 100 or at least 60 no rev the engine and try to launch it just mash the pedal

give me 1 car in the world which would have to transport my 5 dogs, get groceries, daily driver etc.. hands down tesla

only a handful of cars in the world can do 0-60 under 3 seconds which does not include the GT from what I read and to never need to get fuel is great every

time you get in tesla full charge leaving the house

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Stunning Pups; he is a show-stopper!

Yep, electric is the future; the "hybrid" consumer-confusion/fail gave T enough time to create a mass market EV.

Bolts, Volts or Colts are piling up in inventory.

One of Top 5 automakers is headed way of IBM, Motorola, Nokia, Kodak; will end up becoming heavy-equipment vendor (trucks).

Made same mistake; focused on hardware instead of operating system.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
just wait until tesla semi truck comes out drive it self

then the convertible 0-60 2 seconds they saying

Stunning Pups; he is a show-stopper!

Yep, electric is the future; the "hybrid" consumer-confusion/fail gave T enough time to create a mass market EV.

Bolts, Volts or Colts are piling up in inventory.

One of Top 5 automakers is headed way of IBM, Motorola, Nokia, Kodak; will end up becoming heavy-equipment vendor (trucks).

Made same mistake; focused on hardware instead of operating system.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas

Maybe it was agreed that Zak Brown would get a new GT in exchange someone at Ford getting the upcoming McLaren F1 successor.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Electric is great for many things, but long-distance vehicles and trucks aren't among them. That is, until batteries are developed that can recharge much more quickly than current types, and the cost comes down by a factor of at least 2. ICE will be with us long after most of us are gone.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Electric is great for many things, but long-distance vehicles and trucks aren't among them. That is, until batteries are developed that can recharge much more quickly than current types, and the cost comes down by a factor of at least 2. ICE will be with us long after most of us are gone.

Actually the P100D can charge to 325 miles... Super chargers all over the US... supercharge for free. We usually plan our trips around stops for breakfast, lunch or dinner... full charge in an hour or so.

I hear the 0-60 in the ludicrous mode is around 2.2 seconds

Last edited:

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
0-60 2.28 which faster then any production car in the world that I know of

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...5/tesla-model-s-p100d-ludicrous-acceleration/

Actually the P100D can charge to 325 miles... Super chargers all over the US... supercharge for free. We usually plan our trips around stops for breakfast, lunch or dinner... full charge in an hour or so.

I hear the 0-60 in the ludicrous mode is around 2.2 seconds

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Gentlemen,

The 720S hauls ass but it doesn't move my soul. I just can't warm up to the way it looks. Even if I didn't get a NFGT and wanted a new supercar I would choose a slower Ferrari or Lamborghini that was more pleasing to my eye. A big part of such a car is the satisfaction of viewing the art if the machine every morning before getting into something else to go to work. IMO, the 720S misses the mark both as garage art and Cars & Coffee lust.

Chip

Well, you know the saying about beauty, eyes, and beholders.......I think it really comes alive in person, and in certain colors, such as this MSO Saros Grey. I may be biased a bit since this was after I just ran a 2:27 at COTA with barely 300 miles on the odometer, and it performs beautifully. Any aesthetic gaffes were easily forgiven the second I blew by a well driven, modded Huracan on the back straight. I thought he let off......he didn't.

https://kurtbradley.pixieset.com/scuderiasociety/?pid=1187452872&id=31&h=MTI4NDM3NDQxMw

https://kurtbradley.pixieset.com/scuderiasociety/?pid=1187452820&id=29&h=MzI0NzkzMTUxMg

Last edited:

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
I test drove one last week and it makes my 12C seem slow! It hits all the marks.

Joe

Attachments

• July 12 (16).jpg
    July 12 (16).jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 324

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The Saros grey is beautiful.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
I am testing one this Saturday, but waiting for the spider version.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
I am on the List for the Spider. About 18 Months out. Can't wait!

Joe

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
...I may be biased a bit since this was after I just ran a 2:27 at COTA with barely 300 miles on the odometer, and it performs beautifully...

Ya, well I was your passenger on the track & very few of us could do a 2:27 at COTA in a 720S or NGT! It was more you than the Mac!

Ed

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
Were you the BOP?

Joe

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
the 720S put down 700 WHP during recent dyno testing, it's a monster....

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
Danny Popp ran a 2.22 at the 2016 Optima Challenge in a 2003 Corvette on 200 TW street tires, engine is a Lingenfelter built NA LS making about 600 whp.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99XawPKacUs

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006

Would be curious to see dyno results, as that is a mighty impressive number

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal

Maybe with a tune & higher boost pressure.

Ed

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Well, you know the saying about beauty, eyes, and beholders.......I think it really comes alive in person, and in certain colors, such as this MSO Saros Grey. I may be biased a bit since this was after I just ran a 2:27 at COTA with barely 300 miles on the odometer, and it performs beautifully. Any aesthetic gaffes were easily forgiven the second I blew by a well driven, modded Huracan on the back straight. I thought he let off......he didn't.

https://kurtbradley.pixieset.com/scuderiasociety/?pid=1187452872&id=31&h=MTI4NDM3NDQxMw

https://kurtbradley.pixieset.com/scuderiasociety/?pid=1187452820&id=29&h=MzI0NzkzMTUxMg

I heard the Mac's were out at the track but I missed it. Call me next time! Love that color too! I like the mclarens, I'll keep this in the back of my head as a backup for a 2020 allocation. By then they might have the 850S, lol.

For curiosity sake, have you ran your current GT at COTA? I was running 2:42ish on bridgestones my first time at the track, could probably do better, I've learned the track a bit since then. My e36 s54 did 2:43 in June on nt01's, going back out in September with edge addicts if by chance you are going?!?

Cheers,
Cavan