Runway Racing - September 23, 2017 Event Registration Open.....Want to go 200?

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Hello all,

Just passing this along. At Mojave Air and Spaceport the next Runway Racing Event will be held on Saturday September 23rd with tech being the day before at the Mariah Country Inn next to the airport. Field limit of 25 cars so first signed up gets the slots.

Now to let some of you newer people know, and some of the older previous participants as well, we have had some exciting developments over the last few years. As you can see by the time slip we get three speeds now, the 1/2 mile, 1 mile and 1.5 mile speeds. This really adds a lot to the event and lets you gauge your performance in multiple ways. In addition we now allow you to take passengers. Passengers must be 18 or older and are required to fill out all the same waivers as the driver as well as have all the same safety gear as required for the driver. However this allows you to have your family and friends participate with you in a way they never could before. And you think that they look happy when you have taken them for a ride in the past. Well take them down a runway at full throttle and you are talking a whole new thrill.

There is also now a website https://www.runwayracingllc.com/ .....which allows online registration and payment for events. This event has been running as a word of mouth invitational but now we are looking to expand the field. It is and always will be a boutique event. 25 cars max. Unlike a public event that can have 150-250 cars and you only get 3-4 runs a day you will run your car all day long almost at will and you will tire out before your car. I did 14 runs in our Ford GT and my friends and I made 21 in my Ferrari and we stopped racing by 3pm.

So if you have any interest in running this type of event in a small very personal setting that allows you a much better experience than a public event feel free to visit the website and contact the Runway Racing staff for further information.

Here are a couple of vid links and pics from the last event to give you an idea of what to expect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HyjAjQdTnQ&t=1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xILSZOFABpE&t=3s

Attachments

• brochure1.jpg
    brochure1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 239
  • brochure3.jpg
    brochure3.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 194
  • brochure6.jpg
    brochure6.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 242
  • borchure5.jpg
    borchure5.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 245
  • brochure8_edited-1.jpg
    brochure8_edited-1.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 238
Last edited by a moderator:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Hey All,

Just wanted to give a quick reminder that Registration for private Mojave Runway Racing event closes August 23rd for the Saturday September 23rd event. Had a few people decide it was a good activity to put on the end of the Rally in Utah. I do have some people who can help with secure car storage until the event so if anyone is still interested now is the time.

It seems likely we may even have one of the new Ford GT's at the event so its a great chance to see what your car can do as well as see the gorgeous 2017 Ford GT in person.

Hope to see you out there!! :driving:

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
My new GT still won't be near your numbers, but I'm a mostly stock sort of guy. I plan on being there.
Barry.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
My new GT still won't be near your numbers, but I'm a mostly stock sort of guy. I plan on being there.
Barry.

That is one beautiful new GT you have. Loved the pics you sent me. Can't wait to see it run in person!! :driving:

Based on other cars we have had out there with similar performance specs I think you have a great shot at 200+ depending on conditions.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Very cool FlaggstaffGT! I'm very curious to see that the NGT will do there. I won't be able to be there this time but going 200+ is a good feeling.

Ed