Hot Rod Lincoln Supercar?

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Michigan is unique to the fact that we have all the big 3 right here and the GM proving grounds in Milford, Chrysler proving grounds in Chelsea and Ford proving grounds in Dearborn are all about 50 minutes away from each other with plenty of automotive designers, engineers and upper management of all 3 attending the many cars and coffee gatherings that have caught on like wildfire like never before.
with al that being said, there is plenty to talk about for new products on the horizon and plenty of car people proud of the programs they are working on.
It's a done deal that GM will have a mid engine Corvette with the introduction of the Zora model and later offerings of the Corvette, all sporting a mid engine, replacing the current Corvette platform. also, A Cadillac version of the mid-engine supercar is in the works providing the economy keeps going strong.
Now comes Ford. we are all in total awe of the new Ford GT and have been swooned to new heights with this car. This year at the North American Auto Show here in Detroit in January, the new GT will make it's appearance for the 3rd straight year. Still very exciting but after 3 years, not a new offering. rumblings in Dearborn have created speculation of a new supercar based on the GT but offered as a Lincoln supercar. with GM playing with the Cadillac version supercar as they did when they offered the XLR based on the Corvette platform rear drive and Chrysler putting the Hellcat/Demon engine in everything including Jeeps and small trucks, makes total sense that Ford will jump on the band wagon of a Lincoln supercar. V6 ecoboost, V8 coyote or possibly electric? the possibilities are endless.
Koodos to Ford for keeping the new GT under wraps in the basement of the design center and pushing it down dark hallways so no one could see it until the appropriate time. I don't ever remember a secret kept that well as the new GT until it was released at the auto show.
So, for those of us who didn't apply for a new GT or got turned down, is there new hope for another supercar from Ford that we may all have a shot at?? with the slow release of the new GT, this could all be an engineering exercise for products to come. even Volkswagon who says they loose $2,000,000.00 on every Veron built, says they write it off to an engineering exercise for products to come. who knows.
We know that Multi Matic will start producing cars as scheduled and that's great for everyone. But from what the cars and coffees are telling us in Detroit, there will be some super surprises at this years North American Auto Show! can't wait!

Last edited:

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
I would like to see a hot ecoboost drive train in a "Lightning" style, standard cab, 2 wheel drive truck. I like a truck for my daily driver.

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I would be happy to see a Coyote powered AWD version of something like this (2-door only)

MK IX ?

Attachments

• Lincoln-MKR-Concept-02.jpg
    Lincoln-MKR-Concept-02.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 482

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yeah, yeah, what happened to the Smart for 2?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
No.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007

So you are saying there's a chance:cool

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
you never know what's up Ford's sleeve
mustang based lincoln2.jpgmustang based lincoln1.jpg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Mustang with a Lincoln grille ain't gonna cut it.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I would like to see a hot ecoboost drive train in a "Lightning" style, standard cab, 2 wheel drive truck. I like a truck for my daily driver.
Going back to the SRT-10 Viper truck I believe.
Ford version!!!!!!!!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I finally had the opportunity to drive a new Lincoln Continental, importantly, with the optional 3.0V6 GDTi engine.

It may not be the 'sporting 2 door' to the point of this thread, but I have to say that the powerrtain 400HP/400 Lb Ft torque, AWD version having rear torque vectoring from the RS Focus, is head and shoulders above ANY Ford V6 (regular production version) that I have ever driven. What a pleasure to drive!

The engine option at $3,500 on the Continental isn't inexpensive on an already pricey car, but how the 3.0L driver/powertrain package transforms the driving experience! I can only imagine this V6 engine packaged into a few other Ford platform offerings!