Getting some new mods and some routine maintenance done in NorCal!!!

z06c

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2010
Alamo, Ca
Hey guys,

I posted a while back about getting a set of headers and asked for some recommendations. I went with a set of Stainless Works full length long tube headers. I also went with their full exhaust system and opted for the cat delete setup. Fully coated from top to bottom. The finish came out unreal!

My GT was an official Hennessey GT700 car so I'm going to keep the pulley used in that system but not the exhaust or the tuning. I went with a custom tune from Torrie McPhail which should rock.

I have had a number of high end BMW sedans as daily drivers (M5s and now an Alpina B7) and have used a local shop as my go-to over and over for mods for those cars. I talked with them about doing the work on the GT and they were up for it. They have been massively careful with the paint, trim, etc. and have been sending me pictures throughout the job. I'm on pins and needles waiting for it to be done!!!

While the GT is in there i figured i would have them do all the fluids as well.

Same shop has a phenomenal detail unit with a detailer i've been using for years as well. I'm having a full ceramic coating put on her which should look amazing.

She should definitely be a whole lot faster, a whole lot louder, a whole lot lower and a whole lot glossier when she's back. :lol:thumbsup

I'll try to figure out how to post up some pictures!

Christian

Last edited:

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Great mods. Definitely a LOT louder. Look forward to the photos

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Christian, sounds like you are having great fun modding the GT! Yes, pictures please, when become available. We are practically neighbors; i'm in Lafayette.

Ed

z06c

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2010
Alamo, Ca

z06c

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2010
Alamo, Ca
Got some pictures up. Ed, we ARE practically neighbors!!!

Christian

lewishou

GT Owner
Feb 27, 2007
Atherton, CA
Christian,

Do you mind sharing the info about the shop you use? Seems like there are limited places in Norcal to get work done on GT's. Thanks.

Lewis

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
looks good!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Nice project.

z06c

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2010
Alamo, Ca
Christian,

Do you mind sharing the info about the shop you use? Seems like there are limited places in Norcal to get work done on GT's. Thanks.

Lewis

Hi Lewis,

No worries man. The name of the shop is Performance Technic. They were located in Dublin for years but just moved to a new, bigger shop in Fremont. I deal with Joe, the owner. He's super anul and detail-oriented...that's the reason i work with him. I never have to worry about my cars getting dinged, scratched, driven, etc. The detailer there is a guy named Scott. I worked with Scott for years while he was out on his own. The fact that they have combined everything into one shop is nirvana for me. LOL

Christian

Last edited:

z06c

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2010
Alamo, Ca
looks good!

Thanks soroush!!!

Christian

z06c

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2010
Alamo, Ca
Nice project.

Thanks Triheart7!!! I'll try to post up a few more "in progress" pictures.....standby!

Christian

z06c

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2010
Alamo, Ca
On to a few pictures- note the clamshell was not latched down in the first pic, hence the panel gap. The car is sitting nice and low thanks to the new lowering perches, they are spun down as far as they will go. The ride height seems perfect, it really seems to have just the right stance and looks meaner and wider sitting on the ground like that!

35111072650_5ef1028dff_z.jpg

34687738743_3f05c15f3d_z.jpg

35366898211_04630fe5e7_z.jpg

And a few progress pictures of the detailing, which is still underway. The car is getting a paint correction spanning over 2-3 days and then will be receiving a full ceramic coating from head to toe.

35111073270_75a42ae97d_z.jpg

35366898841_369365370e_z.jpg

Lots of time spent masking to keep all edges and other sensitive areas protected while the paint is being worked on!

35366898551_e6f2001158_z.jpg

Last edited:

z06c

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2010
Alamo, Ca
Guys, reviving my thread because I’m considering selling her and getting into something else. Talk me out of this!!!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
That's an easy one, just get in your GT and go out for a good long drive down the coast towards Monterey.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It actually seems to me that you've probably made your mind up by posting here :) and that what you really need is to be talked INTO the other car. Keep the GT. The car in tungsten is stunning and shows its lines best of all colors (as Camillo testified to, silver based colors are what designers use to see EVERYTHING).

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Have you ever heard of FGT "Keeper's Regret"? Neither have I.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Have you ever heard of FGT "Keeper's Regret"? Neither have I.

Listen to Howard. A very wise man.
What is the “something else?”

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Beautiful car..... A real SUPER CAR that will appreciate in value while you drive it! Knock out a wall and make room for another...

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Plenty of people have regretted selling theirs. Talk to Mitty. He sold his GT several years ago, tried a few other cars, and then came back.

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
What are you planning on replacing your beautiful Tungsten with? I grew up in Danville, good to see people with GT's in my hometown area.