LeMans 2017 Pictures & Stories

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Well.. the start of another epic LeMans event has already started for me and I hadn't even left the airport...
Does anyone recognize this guy.?
Not talking about me ...sorry this is what the "cat" looks like after flying all night with no beauty rest on the airplane.. I had to get that in before Frank chimed in.:biggrin

The guy next to me is Justin Bell. Former racer and current commentator for Fox Sports Network and Son Of Legendary racer and multiple LeMans 24 hour winner , Derek Bell..
I had made my way downstairs to catch the high-speed train to LeMans.. I walked up to a back-to-back bench seat and sat down. I look over on the other side of the bench and Justin was sitting across from me .

It's early in the morning and he had an overnight flight also we both looked a little Fraggled. I just turned my head over and said hey Justin how you doing? He looked back at me with that puzzled look you get when hey stranger says hello like he knows you. I could hear his mind clicking "do I know this guy? "

I quickly put his mind at ease and told them that we had met around 2003 when my brother and I took one of his driving schools at the Miami Homestead Speedway. That started a nice conversation..

He was there on official duties for Fox Sports and we're talking about LeMans and the race and all that fun pageantry. He noticed the GT on my shirt and I told him yes I was there to support the Ford effort.

Of course everyone who loves cars loves the new Ford GT him being one of them so he starts to talk about the race car effort and the lucky people getting a street car. He asked me if I was one of them and I said yes sir I should have mine in about three weeks !!

So we're intensely talking about the car the programme the allocation Etc. And he asked me what color I'm getting. I said I'm getting an all white with black trim the "Stormtrooper "car. He told me he really likes that version.

Then I told him. . well guess what.. the first time ever saw A all White GT you just happened to be walking around the car .. You were doing a live walk around shot for Fox and you are blocking my view ..:lol.

And than I showed him the picture... he thought that was very funny. We continued the conversation and said he'd love to get one and he's going to be campaign his cause with Henry Ford III. We finished up our conversation and hoped to run each other at the race We got on the train and went on our way !!

Attachments

• 2017-06-13 23.41.34.jpg
    2017-06-13 23.41.34.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 543
  • 2017-06-13 23.42.09.jpg
    2017-06-13 23.42.09.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 579
Last edited:

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Awesome! My flight's delayed in Nola, pushing me back a few hours. Hope to see y'all in a few!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Awesome! My flight's delayed in Nola, pushing me back a few hours. Hope to see y'all in a few!

Cool buddy. .

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Walking around town tonight I stumbled across this place. I would rather see the front clip of a Ford GT up there but at least it's an American car... they did have some interesting art and paraphernalia around.

There were a lot of Chevy fans inside.. I went in stir things up a bit. all I can say is I'm glad that Ford coat I have is a raincoat...:biggrin

Attachments

• 2017-06-14 00.16.19.jpg
    2017-06-14 00.16.19.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 515
  • 2017-06-14 00.16.41.jpg
    2017-06-14 00.16.41.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 501
  • 2017-06-14 00.17.03.jpg
    2017-06-14 00.17.03.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 497
Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
You got to love a city that's all racing all the time !!:biggrin These are in a bookstore on on one of the main Avenues. I'm wondering if this photos by Dave Friedman is one of the same books we have only in French?

Attachments

• 2017-06-14 00.25.33.jpg
    2017-06-14 00.25.33.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 497

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Good work Stormie. Looking forward to seeing more, and more, and more....

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Good work Stormie. Looking forward to seeing more, and more, and more....

I agree keep the pictures coming!

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Thanks Stormy
Take plenty of pic's for us that couldn't make it out this year!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Don't do anything I wouldn't do. Be careful around the Eiffel Tower.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Thanks for sharing Stormey... So wish we could have returned this year... maybe next year it will work. Keep us posted with all things Le Mans and all things Ford GT. Be safe!

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I'm on the overnight flight tomorrow--can't wait!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Can't believe we get to do it again. See people tomorrow!!!!

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX

I'm already here. Briscoe and some of the team were in my hotel lobby last night. This place is awesome! I got to hang out with some members of the team. David Phillips, author of "A Big Ask" sat in the hotel bar with me and gave me all kinds of insight into the GT program. What a cool guy.

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Last year was an epic event that will never be duplicated. Obviously the Win made that over the top but part of it was our large contingent of GT members that ventured across the pond, sharing those moments with you guys made it extra special !! All of you came last year that couldn't make it this year will be sorely missed...

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I'm already here. Briscoe and some of the team were in my hotel lobby last night. This place is awesome! I got to hang out with some members of the team. David Phillips, author of "A Big Ask" sat in the hotel bar with me and gave me all kinds of insight into the GT program. What a cool guy.

Dang brother!!! I'm staying at the wrong place! Look forward to seeing you tomorrow..:biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Can't believe we get to do it again. See people tomorrow!!!!
:thumbsup:thumbsup

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX

Dang brother!!! I'm staying at the wrong place! Look forward to seeing you tomorrow..:biggrin

Looking forward to seeing you too. Go to sleep it's 5:00 am here!! P.S. I got invited to watch the team practice from 10:00pm -12:00 am at the late practice. Let's go together.

Last edited:

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Great story Brian! Making memories already :) All you guys have a great time! Go Ford!!!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Brian, thanks for the travelogue update. Stories only you can tell.

You'll have to ask Justin to show you how to drive Stormtrooper.

All the best - have fun.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Last year was an epic event that will never be duplicated. Obviously the Win made that over the top but part of it was our large contingent of GT members that ventured across the pond, sharing those moments with you guys made it extra special !! All of you came last year that couldn't make it this year will be sorely missed...

Wish we could be there again this year....Keep us in mind during all of the fun and bring home a FORD win!!!