2017 FGT for sale?

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Look what popped up on Autotrader. Penske Ford in La Mesa, Ca.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...D&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=GT

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's not for sale. It's the dealer principle's car reflected in the system before arrival. They put it up there...for this purpose. Will be gone tomorrow.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Its owned by Roger Penske. When the dealer received the inventory, it automatically posted to Autotrader. It will be removed ASAP. This car IS NOT FOR SALE!

Fordcarsforfun

GT Owner
Apr 13, 2016
That is correct just talked to them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Roger JR lives on my street hope I get to see the car in person.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I was able to view Roger's Porsche 918 when it arrived. The dealership advertised it for sale to drive traffic.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
100% correct.

Pro_GT_driver

GT Owner
Jun 23, 2010
Another weird ad

"Slot car" from Czech Republic:

We would like to offer uniqe option to get on of 500 already sold out new Ford GT. Have the one build slot for new Ford GT Super Car.

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/...=creationTime&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING

:facepalm:

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
"Slot car" from Czech Republic:

We would like to offer uniqe option to get on of 500 already sold out new Ford GT. Have the one build slot for new Ford GT Super Car.

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/...=creationTime&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING

:facepalm:
And a real bargain @ 200,000 euros!

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
What's the deal with this? I thought this poster was legit, given some of the followers. Read the caption below the vid of DBK.

IMG_7896.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That guy is a dipshit. I've given him grief repeatedly. I don't understand the "aggregator" IG accounts, and like half of that dudes pictures are either my car, taken by me, or at some thing I threw together. Then he literally uses a video of me to claim he has a car for sale that doesn't exist. Lame.

Plus, I don't know if you ever noticed, but for like 2 years he's had a Facebook page where he solicits you to send him your info to "learn how you can drive the 2017 Ford GT."

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
He told me I get to drive your GT... are you saying he was lying?

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
That guy is a dipshit. I've given him grief repeatedly. I don't understand the "aggregator" IG accounts, and like half of that dudes pictures are either my car, taken by me, or at some thing I threw together. Then he literally uses a video of me to claim he has a car for sale that doesn't exist. Lame.

Plus, I don't know if you ever noticed, but for like 2 years he's had a Facebook page where he solicits you to send him your info to "learn how you can drive the 2017 Ford GT."

Total spoof. I recently learned he blocked me on IG and I've never even heard of the guy nor have I ever had any contact with him.

Philipp

Feb 10, 2017
This moron contacted me and offered me 1.3 million dollar for my NFGT allocation. I told him to p*ss off, unfollower and blocked him on IG

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
He advertised on IG that he can get NFGT.

Pro_GT_driver

GT Owner
Jun 23, 2010
FGT for sale ad

The Czech Republic guy is indicating a "real" price this time. No indication of delivery window.

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/...opeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=searchNetGrossPrice

Quite interesting deal, not so much premium over european base price of 530.000EUR, and open to negotiate....

How will Ford react on this early intention for sale? :frown

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's not legit. There are so many dealers offering slots for fake cars, most of them are in Europe. I get contacted weekly by people usually in Switzerland, presumably shopping for something they can ship to the mid-east. It's easy. "I have a slot for a car, this is the price." Find a guy willing to pay that price. Wander around looking for someone to accept below that amount and collect the spread.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
... Find a guy willing to pay that price. Wander around looking for someone to accept below that amount and collect the spread.

Dumb way to make a living.

Ed

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
e7a3c1eeb97bd24b2a6202c71320e93e.png

:lol

soroush

Ford Gt Owner