Carlisle Ford Nationals this weekend - Pre-Event pics inside

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
A big smokey burnout, I give Mike FULL credit for having the balls to do this...

[video=youtube;cbxI-MF-HmM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbxI-MF-HmM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Now I see why the fuel gauge was on empty when I drove it!!! lol WOW!!!!!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
What a fun weekend! Weather was fantastic, once the sun came out. Perfect actually.

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
It was by far the best weather I'd experienced for this event. Nice light shower Friday night into early Saturday kept some busy polishing again.
Missed a few regulars and enjoyed spending time with those that did show up.

http://northquabbincruisers.startlogic.com/NorthQuabbinCruisers/2017 Carlisle/2017Carlisle.htm

Thanks Lance
and Scott for the nice stainless steel GT ornament

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
The best Ford Carlisle weather we have had in a while. We had a great time was nice seeing some of the GT forum members.

Dominic

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
It was by far the best weather I'd experienced for this event. Nice light shower Friday night into early Saturday kept some busy polishing again.
Missed a few regulars and enjoyed spending time with those that did show up.

http://northquabbincruisers.startlogic.com/NorthQuabbinCruisers/2017 Carlisle/2017Carlisle.htm

Thanks Lance
and Scott for the nice stainless steel GT ornament

Pete S. is quite the generous GT owner. invited everyone who wanted to sit in his GT to do so and get their picture taken. it was a pleasure meeting up with him at Carlisle. Great bunch that met up this year. we need to really promote it for next year. Fun times!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Love the burnout!

Richhill43

Apr 13, 2010
Johnson City, NY
Pete,

It was nice to meet you. I did not know you were not going to be there Sunday as I wanted to say goodbye to you. Please email me as I have one lingering question.

Thanks,
Rich

Last edited:

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
I assume he was running take-off Goodyears.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What a perfect weather weekend at Carlisle and it was great to see all of our GT fanatic friends again.
P.S Thanks Scott for the GT cut out.

Richhill43

Apr 13, 2010
Johnson City, NY
Pete S. is quite the generous GT owner. invited everyone who wanted to sit in his GT to do so and get their picture taken. it was a pleasure meeting up with him at Carlisle. Great bunch that met up this year. we need to really promote it for next year. Fun times!

Scott,

Thank you for the GT cut-out and all the great advice and knowledge. It was great to talk with you and all the other guys.

Rich

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Rich- no problem, it was my pleasure. great to talk with you again this year as well. heh, you really need to add some more horsepower to that beautiful GT. are you sure a big supercharger and twin turbos is enough??? lol !!! WOW!

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
What a perfect weather weekend at Carlisle and it was great to see all of our GT fanatic friends again.
P.S Thanks Scott for the GT cut out.

John- it was my pleasure. great to see you again!

Last edited:

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
I assume he was running take-off Goodyears.

Yes, Mike was on Goodyears and in second gear. However I think like me he considers the Goodyears a much better overall tire choice. I put on a nice set of the Bridgestones and found them uncomfortably grabby, trying to maneuver the car based on every crack or shift in the road surface; and found them quite poor in the rain compared to the Goodyears. True that they are a smoother quieter ride. My CL brake pads make a ton of noise too but will not settle for less.