1968 Watkins Glen Poster

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
A colleague at work recently became aware of my GT. His father acquired a race shop of some sort that had a whole bunch of never circulated race posters (he's not went through all of them yet). He owed me one for a work related thing, I asked for a beer, he gave me this cause it is GT related. Looks like it was printed yesterday, I love it. :thumbsup

What's the history here?

IMG_7627.jpg

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Internet.. F3L P68?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Kayvan is your man.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Very nice & rare poster!

That's an original vintage, 4 color offset poster, worth north of $250+; see link
https://www.historiccarart.net/unkn...ld-championship-of-manufacturers-1968-poster/

Unique process of creating "full color" posters from 2-3 passes of ink on a black/white base; in some you can see original diamond matrix printing pattern.The colors in this process are truly brilliant v. modern printing.

Would recommend a simple 0.75" matte-black wood fame; acid-free foam board backing, and UV plexi-glass to prevent fading (~$125 at framer).

If your friend wants to sell all; I can recommend some dealers. Higher values can be had on eBay with sales prices of $100-300/ea; if large (20+"x30+"), color, and iconic cars/tracks.

Frame it up and enjoy!

Last edited:

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Awesome! Thanks Kayvan!

I will get it framed and let him know you can provide references if he is interested.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
cool