Cranky Ape gt

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Anyone know anything about the '05 on Cranky Ape? I'm not interested in bidding on it.....just curious.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Lots of damage underneath. Parts car.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
picard sigh.jpg

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
that car is relatively clean compared to some of the other cars that were resurrected, I remember going to look at a car for a guy in a junk yard here I think the car was going to Bolivia, that car looked like a basket case with every single panel on the car damaged, the doors left completely open and the interior subjected to the weather for months including rain and of course there were no wheels and tires on the car it was just sitting on it belly and worse yet when they brought the car for my to look at in was being transported on the huge fork lift from its side and he just dropped the car in front of me like it was a pile of hay. I remember thinking surely its impossible to bring something like this back. I took pics for the guy and told him how bad a shape it was in but the guys still bought it!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
No doubt it can be restored, but at what cost? The current bid is at $130,050. That doesn't leave much room for repairing it and ending up with something worth a salvage title. And that's if you don't find more damage after you open it up and strip off the broken stuff. My guess is there's more damage. Have fun with it...

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
That's why it is always "buyer beware" when purchasing Ford GT's with salvage titles. I think folks would be surprised on how these cars get fixed and repaired and the corners that are cut just to what I would call "put lipstick on a pig" and get it out the door. We have seen a few of them come through the shop at M2K Motorsports and I can tell you that not one of them has been fixed correctly and one or two have actually been on the unsafe side of things to drive.

Always do your homework when purchasing a car with a salvage title or questionable ownership.......

Mark H.

dwells

Sep 13, 2017
Does anyone know what the final price was?

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
That's why it is always "buyer beware" when purchasing Ford GT's with salvage titles. I think folks would be surprised on how these cars get fixed and repaired and the corners that are cut just to what I would call "put lipstick on a pig" and get it out the door. We have seen a few of them come through the shop at M2K Motorsports and I can tell you that not one of them has been fixed correctly and one or two have actually been on the unsafe side of things to drive.

Always do your homework when purchasing a car with a salvage title or questionable ownership.......

Mark H.

mark, sounds similar to the GMG GT

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
RUN!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
hat's why it is always "buyer beware" when purchasing Ford GT's with salvage titles.

Very true.... and unfortunately there are MANY salvage GT's floating around without salvage titles. Salvage titles get issued when insurance companies pay-off on a total loss. Keep the insurance companies at bay and you can maintain clear titles.