New Double DIN Installed

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Many thanks to Mark and Kevin and M2K and Rich at GT Guys!!!

Both worked together and I'm really pleased with the results, looks great and a nice update to an already incredible car.

Picked up my GT in Detroit yesterday and drove straight through to Denver, a little over 14 hrs, and enjoyed every minute of it.

Enjoy...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Looks great. What stereo system did you wind up putting in?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Very nice!

May I ask if you could share where you sourced the enlarged custom mounting bracket / housing from? Any California trips for the GT Guys in the works?

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Thanks for the nice comments.

I went with a midrange Kenwood, DNX693S. I liked that they use Garmin technology for their Nav.

The custom console was produced by M2K Motorsports and there is a fair bit of discussion here:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/33110-Double-Din-Production-1-6-2016

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
looking good:thumbsup

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Looks great. Detroit to Denver in 14hrs? That's impressive.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
No passenger and the benefit of 2hrs in time change from Eastern to Mountain, so really more like 16 hrs driving time...

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
That's awesome. I put in a then-cutting-edge single DIN JVC unit in 2007, but it's time to upgrade. Would love to get something like this.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
That's awesome. I put in a then-cutting-edge single DIN JVC unit in 2007, but it's time to upgrade. Would love to get something like this.

Looks like a nice improvement over the 2007 Mod's!

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Looks like it belongs. Nice to have updated electronics. Did you install a back up camera?

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Yes, it does have a backup camera that comes on automatically when I shift into reverse.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks for the nice comments.
I went with a midrange Kenwood, DNX693S. I liked that they use Garmin technology for their Nav.

Thanks for the info on the source for the bracket Joe. I missed that thread the first time around. I have been pleased with my Kenwood units that have the integrated Garmin NAV system. So straightforward to use.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

Wow, I just looked up your original install thread, on the single DIN system. And the GPS and speed sensors solutions. You are a brave man to venture into this area again. That was quite the project originally!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Very nice!

May I ask if you could share where you sourced the enlarged custom mounting bracket / housing from? Any California trips for the GT Guys in the works?

Tech in Fresno , CA installed mine years ago.