So .. I just got back from Canada. .

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Well, for those of you who know me you know I really appreciate the nuts bolts and mechanical bits of these wonderful machines. So with the offer from Ford to visit my new GT in production there was no way I was going to pass that up.
My tour was yesterday and the timing was perfect for me . I got to see #56 with the engine and all of the subsystems installed prior to receiving the body panels. I'll have years to gaze at the body of this beautiful machine so it was really nice to see everything underneath , bare at one time...

Photography is strictly prohibited inside the plant. They do have this cool GT art work in the lobby which I was able to photograph. Some of you may recognize this as the art work on that early GT shirt that was released.
The GT team is taking pictures throughout the build process and will be presented to you at some point. The gentleman narrating my tour did allow me to go inside the work area and they took a picture of me next to my car . I hope to get that soon...

I did chat with the gentlemen at the workstation as they were working on my car I said boys take your time.. :biggrin. I was able to go back a few stations and examine some of the parts of the car after mine and they allowed me to pick up various parts to see the lightness of the carbon fiber bits.

When I was there DBK's car was about to receive it's body panels. There was a Heritage next to Dave's ( I saw the blue belts peaking thru some of the other protective plastc ) I saw a Tomy's car in the works. I saw a completed Liquid Red GT and a Liquid Gray GT that were getting ready for final Dyno testing and shake down. .. There was a liquid silver car just ahead of mine it had the Ingot stripes .. all the combinations as you know are extremely cool.

Things are definitely ramping up there and one of the main plant contacts had to excuse himself he just had too much going on. They were very kind and allowed me to stay as long as I wanted.... I told them go do the important stuff for the program I'll just sit here and observe..

As a side note and a true Testament to the joys of this forum and the members. I went up a little early on the front end of my trip and I was able to spend some time with Terry and his family. They were very warm , friendly and accommodating , we had a wonderful time !!. Terry was kind enough to take me over to Niagara Falls. I had never been there. it's always been on my list of things to do and I had no idea it was so close so .. it was a double bonus trip.. Thanks again Terry !!

Our Ford GT team rain jackets were great for keeping the Falls' mist of our designer threads.. :biggrin

Attachments

• 2017-05-23 15.55.13.jpg
    2017-05-23 15.55.13.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 689
  • 2017-05-22 13.46.03.jpg
    2017-05-22 13.46.03.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 650
  • 2017-05-24 23.03.39.jpg
    2017-05-24 23.03.39.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 685
  • 2017-05-24 23.04.00.jpg
    2017-05-24 23.04.00.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 644
Last edited:

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
So cool, thanks for the write up Brian. Really excited for you buddy.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I got to tell you.. it's to bad we don't have space age material that can turn from opaque to transparent at the touch of a button. Ford needs to make one of these with a full transparent Poly carbonate body so you can see what's underneath the skin.. The dozens of parts and pieces of CF components and aluminum formed and machined brackets is overwhelming.. the design and the quality are phenomenal.. .. I can tell you ,, you are getting what you're paying for !! :biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
So cool, thanks for the write up Brian. Really excited for you buddy.
Thanks Terry.. one of these days will be tooling around the track together in these bad boys !!

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Brian......that definitely sounds like a bucket list visit. Bon and I are so happy for you. BTW.... very romantic setting for your pic with Terry!

Fordcarsforfun

GT Owner
Apr 13, 2016
Every time I hear someone talk about this car in detail it just gets me more and more excited to go watch mine being built! Thanks for the write up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Brian......that definitely sounds like a bucket list visit. Bon and I are so happy for you. BTW.... very romantic setting for your pic with Terry!

Yes.. and the matching jackets are a nice touch. .don't you think.. :biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Every time I hear someone talk about this car in detail it just gets me more and more excited to go watch mine being built! Thanks for the write up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
My view is this is a once in a life time car... I'm going to enjoy every step and moment of the process.. I never want to have that regret of saying "" I should have " .. The journey will only enhance the total owner experience for me..

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Thanks for sharing, a great write up and experience it was. Many of us are looking for the opportunity in the future.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Great trip Stormcat! Thanks for the update. I wish they would let you taken photos or videos. Maybe they will next year or later in production.

Ed

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Nice write up Brian! Glad you got to see what is underneath the beautiful exterior. I have been told it is sheer jewelry that must be seen (during assembly) to appreciate these pieces.

Can't wait to see the car in Utah. Uh how many signatures did you collect during your Multimatic visit? And did you sign/date any subassembly parts with your Sharpie?:confused:biggrin

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Hi Brian sorry I missed you. I am about 45 minutes west of MultiMatic. Would have enjoyed meeting with you and Terry.
Next time. Glad they are producing and getting closer to my number.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great news my friend!! Any sighting of #57??[emoji12]

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Brian thanks for all the great info. An amazing trip.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Great report!! Congrats again to all you getting cars!! That tour sounds like an awesome experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thanks for sharing that Brian.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Brian,
Your devotion to the GT community and passion for the cars go unmatched. You are right in saying this is a once in a lifetime car, and I believe we will all look back at the events surrounding the NFGT as some of the most exciting times in our lives. I've often thought how cool it would be to witness the assembly of my Ford car or truck, and am excited that you were able to see you car being assembled. Enjoy the fruits of your labor!

P.S. When it's all said and done, you need to chronicle your adventures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks Brian for the post. I hope you were able to put your lucky Stormcat hands on #0045 for good luck while you were there. I'm really glad you were able to go as you really needed to. Congratulations and get Em Here Quick!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks guys ,, I was canvasing for a job there,,,:biggrin

Nice write up Brian! Glad you got to see what is underneath the beautiful exterior. I have been told it is sheer jewelry that must be seen (during assembly) to appreciate these pieces.

Can't wait to see the car in Utah. Uh how many signatures did you collect during your Multimatic visit? And did you sign/date any subassembly parts with your Sharpie?:confused:biggrin

Well for the record I did have my usual array of Sharpies and paint pens. From my understanding It's hit or miss trying to catch Larry at the assembly plant . I was told he is in Europe preparing for Le Mans which is the only excuse I would except for not seeing him there !! :lol

Great news my friend!! Any sighting of #57??[emoji12]
There was a Silver car in the works and I was thinking maybe it was yours but as we moved to get a glimpse of the stripes they were ingot .. darn... soon for you I'm sure ..

Thanks Brian for the post. I hope you were able to put your lucky Stormcat hands on #0045 for good luck while you were there. I'm really glad you were able to go as you really needed to. Congratulations and get Em Here Quick!

I did see your car and I wasn't able to get real close to it. They were starting body panels on Dave's car and than I think they are going to do the body panels on a Heritage car.. ( got a brief glimpse of the blue belts The roof was covered ) and than I think you are next in line for body panels after the Heritage. be patient my friend .. it's almost there.. :biggrin

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hi Brian sorry I missed you. I am about 45 minutes west of MultiMatic. Would have enjoyed meeting with you and Terry.
Next time. Glad they are producing and getting closer to my number.

It would have been nice to meet you, Terry wasn't able to join me for the tour. On the way to the falls Terry pointed out your place. I hope you can make it to the Rally..