So .. I just got back from Canada. .

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Great story Brian, thanks for sharing. If you've got more pictures don't be shy, we need more visual input.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Great story Brian, thanks for sharing. If you've got more pictures don't be shy, we need more visual input.

The new Ford GT reminds me of Playboy, great article, where's the pics? :biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Thanks to all for all of the kind words. One of the true Joys of owning a GT is the people evolved with the car and the interaction..

Like any auto plant or assembly facility typically photos are strictly prohibited by outsiders. Also remember there are patents still pending so they want to make sure sensitive pictures don't leak out. If you recall DBK's post was up than down and now back up again. The pictures in that post are basically what you are going to see ..

Now as far as the personal side of the tour the fact that I could go see it before it was fully clothed and touch it .. knowing it was going to be mine and in my garage soon that was priceless.. I think the guys working on the car gave each other a look when I popped my head into the cockpit and rubbed the CF Bulk head and said " See you soon Buddy " :biggrin

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/33423-Behind-the-Scenes

Last edited:

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Congrats stormy. Can't wait to get an invite to go see it. :wink:

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
What an experience Stormy. Congrats and many thanks for this post. A true GT fan with a well deserved MM welcome.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
no comment.. :biggrin

hmmm....

Ed

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
Thanks Stormy for the tantalizing article. I think anyone fortunate enough to get one of these remarkable supercars must take the tour! Enjoy!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Brian... what an exciting trip. I am so looking forward to my trip to the holy land. The car is truly amazing without it's clothes. It's amazing they can fit all of that stuff under the GT skin.

When you were in Niagra Falls did you have a chance to see the Canadian Ballet?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Brian... what an exciting trip. I am so looking forward to my trip to the holy land. The car is truly amazing without it's clothes. It's amazing they can fit all of that stuff under the GT skin.

When you were in Niagra Falls did you have a chance to see the Canadian Ballet?

Terry and I just took a quick afternoon trip to the falls.. Not familiar with the Canadian Ballet.. I'm not a cultured sort of guy.. The only girls I see in tights are the ones in the Zumba class at my gym.. :biggrin.. is that a trick question,, ??

..and you are right there is a ton of stuff packed under the body of this beast,, :thumbsup

Last edited:

Fordcarsforfun

GT Owner
Apr 13, 2016
Are they building them in numerical order? My car VIN is in the low 40's... if you are 56, mine hopefully is down the line a ways.
Frost White w/ Blue stripes. A match to my '05 and my GT350R .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The TI exhaust is one of the big reasons they are not being built in numerical sequence. Probably other reasons also.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
The TI exhaust is one of the big reasons they are not being built in numerical sequence. Probably other reasons also.

I cancelled the Ti exhaust on my order to prevent a multi week (months?) delay. My concierge still hasn't disclosed a delivery other than 'spring' which is technically over June 15th. My order cutoff was Dec 8 so I suspect it is soon.

Fordcarsforfun

GT Owner
Apr 13, 2016
Should see it soon I suspect! Wish I could say that, very exciting!

Turn10 BigBoss

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 6, 2017
Seattle
Are they building them in numerical order? My car VIN is in the low 40's... if you are 56, mine hopefully is down the line a ways.
Frost White w/ Blue stripes. A match to my '05 and my GT350R .

I saw a white with blue stripes being built, hopefully it was yours!?! More details on my trip soon.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Brian......that definitely sounds like a bucket list visit. Bon and I are so happy for you. BTW.... very romantic setting for your pic with Terry!

Don't worry Rick... I'm saving the Maid of the Mist for us!

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Well, for those of you who know me you know I really appreciate the nuts bolts and mechanical bits of these wonderful machines. So with the offer from Ford to visit my new GT in production there was no way I was going to pass that up.
My tour was yesterday and the timing was perfect for me . I got to see #56 with the engine and all of the subsystems installed prior to receiving the body panels. I'll have years to gaze at the body of this beautiful machine so it was really nice to see everything underneath , bare at one time...

Photography is strictly prohibited inside the plant. They do have this cool GT art work in the lobby which I was able to photograph. Some of you may recognize this as the art work on that early GT shirt that was released.
The GT team is taking pictures throughout the build process and will be presented to you at some point. The gentleman narrating my tour did allow me to go inside the work area and they took a picture of me next to my car . I hope to get that soon...

I did chat with the gentlemen at the workstation as they were working on my car I said boys take your time.. :biggrin. I was able to go back a few stations and examine some of the parts of the car after mine and they allowed me to pick up various parts to see the lightness of the carbon fiber bits.

When I was there DBK's car was about to receive it's body panels. There was a Heritage next to Dave's ( I saw the blue belts peaking thru some of the other protective plastc ) I saw a Tomy's car in the works. I saw a completed Liquid Red GT and a Liquid Gray GT that were getting ready for final Dyno testing and shake down. .. There was a liquid silver car just ahead of mine it had the Ingot stripes .. all the combinations as you know are extremely cool.

Things are definitely ramping up there and one of the main plant contacts had to excuse himself he just had too much going on. They were very kind and allowed me to stay as long as I wanted.... I told them go do the important stuff for the program I'll just sit here and observe..

As a side note and a true Testament to the joys of this forum and the members. I went up a little early on the front end of my trip and I was able to spend some time with Terry and his family. They were very warm , friendly and accommodating , we had a wonderful time !!. Terry was kind enough to take me over to Niagara Falls. I had never been there. it's always been on my list of things to do and I had no idea it was so close so .. it was a double bonus trip.. Thanks again Terry !!

Our Ford GT team rain jackets were great for keeping the Falls' mist of our designer threads.. :biggrin

It was a pleasure having you Brian and glad you got to see a bit of my neck of the woods. See you in Utah buddy!

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Don't worry Rick... I'm saving the Maid of the Mist for us!

My daughter was a skater in Crashed Ice at The Falls a few years back so we spent some time there. Bon and I have a shot taken in the exact spot as you and Brian...I'll take you up on the Maid tour next time for sure. See you soon Terry!

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
I saw a white with blue stripes being built, hopefully it was yours!?! More details on my trip soon.

Thanks! #43 if you can get close!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The white/blue stripes is #45.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
BINGO, That's What I'm Talkin About! It's coming to TEXAS for sure!

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
The white/blue stripes is #45.

Boo hoo [emoji25]

Last edited: