Someone is selling his 2017 Ford GT

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
I am watching this video from Rob Ferretti and he claims someone has offered him a 2017 Ford GT. I thought there was a no sale clausule in the contract. Anyway if you want a 2017 Ford GT, you may want to get into contact with Rob Ferretti (if this video was valid).
[video=youtube;2e5HVHOAJ_M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e5HVHOAJ_M[/video]

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
I'm sure this can't happen. Ford covered all bases prior to application process.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
What a doofus who doesn't know why Ford brought back the GT.

#fakecarguy

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
not even going to take the time to watch that nonsense,, :bored

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Hes not a total hater. But hes basing a lot off of one cold call to sell theirs for $700K. I wouldnt pay $700K, not until the market stabilizes a couple years in. I dont disagree with a lot of what he says but hes wrong on the cars intent. You cant build a v8 6 speed and win Le Mans today. I just hope hes right that there are a lot of flippers so I can potentially get one for a decent price for us that missed the allocations. I have a "sense" that a lot of people think they are going to make a lot of money selling these, which they may. But it gives me the sense a lot of buyers arent longterm holders. I think they trade up for a year or two then stabilize somewhere lower maybe 10-20% above list. Time will tell, I just want one...lol

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I also won't waste my time watching this Crap. Nowadays all it takes is a camera and the goofballs fall out of the sky with their claim to fame video opinions! Total BS!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Hes not a total hater. But hes basing a lot off of one cold call to sell theirs for $700K. I wouldnt pay $700K, not until the market stabilizes a couple years in. I dont disagree with a lot of what he says but hes wrong on the cars intent. You cant build a v8 6 speed and win Le Mans today. I just hope hes right that there are a lot of flippers so I can potentially get one for a decent price for us that missed the allocations. I have a "sense" that a lot of people think they are going to make a lot of money selling these, which they may. But it gives me the sense a lot of buyers arent longterm holders. I think they trade up for a year or two then stabilize somewhere lower maybe 10-20% above list. Time will tell, I just want one...lol

First off, I know every single person that currently has a GT. None are for sale, or remotely close to for sale. So the call was fake. It was either fake on the callers end, lying that they got a car two months ago and had a car for sale, or fake on Rob's end having some buddy do it to reinforce the point he's trying to make for the video. He should just post who it was since they definitely don't have a GT and we can all laugh at them for being a bullshit artist, unless he was in on it.

Second, there's going to be a lot of Rob Ferreti types ragging the GT hoping to get them cheap enough to get in on them to use in the course of business. So many lucky dudes who tripped and fell on their keyboards and mistakenly banged out an application that dodged getting one. At the end of the day, "Rob's" Ford GT was a rental car and used as such until a customer wasted it, and it's big claim to fame was being used by him to run from the police. I'm not shedding any tears a new car didn't await the same fate.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
what a doofus!

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
It's just "fake news" as out president says. all that is "look at me, look at me, look at me". and I quote, "what a doofus"

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014

I'm with you. I hope there are a few available for "reasonable" prices in a few years for people like us if we don't get an allocation for the remaining 250 cars.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
he is not a total hater?

haha I wonder how this video would have gone if he actually had gotten an allocation...

I suspect something like this...

" I can't wait for my car to get here, it should make these pasta machines behind me look like tractors, I can't believe I'm one of the ones selected but ford did a great job getting the cars in the hand of the right people , yada yada yada...

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
He should lift weights or get testosterone shots.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
So many ways to rip his "points" apart, but I'd rather just fall back on my favorite quote (shorter to type and always accurate in these situations):

"Haters gonna hate. And more importantly, enviers gonna envy."

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
If you watched Rob's application video, and know him, there's little surprise he would pull this stunt.

Is he the one that said "Hey Ford, I'm you're f@*#ing man?"

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL

I totally agree with your point about the marketplace, while totally disagreeing with Ferretti. The call he received is something we may hear more of, guys trying to earn a fast buck and speculating in spite of their application and agreement, or in many cases just "Phishers" scamming the public. Also, Rob needs to shut up and talk about 90% less, he can't say anything briefly...geez!

Last edited:

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
First off, I know every single person that currently has a GT. None are for sale, or remotely close to for sale. So the call was fake. It was either fake on the callers end, lying that they got a car two months ago and had a car for sale, or fake on Rob's end having some buddy do it to reinforce the point he's trying to make for the video. He should just post who it was since they definitely don't have a GT and we can all laugh at them for being a bullshit artist, unless he was in on it.

Second, there's going to be a lot of Rob Ferreti types ragging the GT hoping to get them cheap enough to get in on them to use in the course of business. So many lucky dudes who tripped and fell on their keyboards and mistakenly banged out an application that dodged getting one. At the end of the day, "Rob's" Ford GT was a rental car and used as such until a customer wasted it, and it's big claim to fame was being used by him to run from the police. I'm not shedding any tears a new car didn't await the same fate.

I assumed this was the case, but the fact I'm sleepless over this car for 6 months I got the guys contact just in case. He says it's red with white stripes, graphite wheels. I think he said car 112, located in Florida. I don't know why, but all the scammers are in Florida. I dealt with this on my Aston Martin I sold. All fast talking New Yorker type in Florida, "eh Tony!" Anyway, sounded semi legit till I asked him the Msrp and he didn't know. 425-475 he said, lol.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Is he the one that said "Hey Ford, I'm you're f@*#ing man?"

No, that guy just got his Lambo orange car delivered.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I assumed this was the case, but the fact I'm sleepless over this car for 6 months I got the guys contact just in case. He says it's red with white stripes, graphite wheels. I think he said car 112, located in Florida. I don't know why, but all the scammers are in Florida. I dealt with this on my Aston Martin I sold. All fast talking New Yorker type in Florida, "eh Tony!" Anyway, sounded semi legit till I asked him the Msrp and he didn't know. 425-475 he said, lol.

Sneak preview:

5391DF-KIT-RED-2017-Ford-GT-138-Diecast-Model-Toy-Car-open-az-07-det.jpg

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Sneak preview:

5391DF-KIT-RED-2017-Ford-GT-138-Diecast-Model-Toy-Car-open-az-07-det.jpg

:rofl

Also, did you see his YouTube page has a video called, "Rob Ferretti, The Documentary"

Once again, he's produced a video called "Rob Ferretti, The Documentary"

Just in case the concept hasn't sunk it, HE HAS A VIDEO CALLED "ROB FERRETTI, THE DOCUMENTARY"!!!

Ego much?

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Rs6MMtv.gif