Most posts, longest member, ...

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Not a contest but interesting facts. Trying to see who gets to 300mph in one mile could be considered a contest. The number of posts merely reflects how much time you spend on the forum! Except for those members who read but never comment.

Ed

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Not a contest but interesting facts. Trying to see who gets to 300mph in one mile could be considered a contest. The number of posts merely reflects how much time you spend on the forum! Except for those members who read but never comment.

Ed

Number of logins would be interesting

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I wasn't aware this was a contest.

To my knowledge, the only post count "contest" that's ever existed here (if you want to call it that) has been completely jocular in nature...for 99.9% of us anyway. Don Rickles himself couldn't have bested some of the 'zingers' posted over the years!

I always prefer quality over quantity.

BONY would be the king by that standard as well, Rick...and by a far greater margin. :wink

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
May not tell much, as to have max post counts, you never log out.

Number of logins would be interesting

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I just checked, and according to his profile, BONY joined the Forum in Sept of '05...we know he left this Earth in March of '09.

So, 'way I figure it, that would be r-o-u-g-h-l-y 42 months of posting (3.5 years) as opposed to 5 years worth would it not? :shrug

Anyway, that's how/why I came up with my shoot-from-the-hip 'guesstimate' of "at least" 40K. I did all the math in my head...so it's more than possible I could have failed to 'carry a two' or I 'blew' whatever else somewhere along the line!

'Matters not. There's no question BONY would be today's post king by a large margin regardless. :wink

:cheers

he probably had half as many in PMs...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
he probably had half as many in PMs...

...and God Himself only knows how many emails.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
I thought The Architect had the most posts?

Sometimes I wonder what happened to that guy...

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Here are the members with 3,000+ posts:

EP 15,031
DBK 13,452
Bony 12,121 (that was in 5 years, so corrected for 12 years it would be 29,090)
BlackICE 10,326
fjpikul 9,046
Stormcat 6,070
Ed Sims 5,495
shelbyelite 5,469
Roketman 5,227
Specracer 4,690
Kayvan 4,587
Xcentric 4,504
ChipBeck 4,491
Sinovac 4,418
Soroush 4,377
twobjshelbys 4,376
PL510*Jeff 4,322
MAD IN NC 4,092
tmcphail 3,947
Fubar 3,939
2112 3,912
Kingman 3,891
SYCO GT 3,691
SteveA 3,368
Cobrar 3,362
gtjoey 3,266

Ed, how about making a similar ranking of the 50 oldest current members?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You're making it too complicated for Special Ed.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I hate this topic. I like to think that this website is extremely topically focused. The internet is an endless well of useless information people can dig through on their own at other sites. Post counts are irrelevant, and on many forums serve as an excuse for people to just hit the reply button constantly. This place has been pretty good about not tolerating that. vBulletin would probably be better if people could up vote or down vote the relevancy of posts like reddit. The question is really "if all of my posts were deleted, would anyone notice?"

Maybe I'll reset all post counts to zero.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I hate this topic. I like to think that this website is extremely topically focused. The internet is an endless well of useless information people can dig through on their own at other sites. Post counts are irrelevant, and on many forums serve as an excuse for people to just hit the reply button constantly. This place has been pretty good about not tolerating that. vBulletin would probably be better if people could up vote or down vote the relevancy of posts like reddit. The question is really "if all of my posts were deleted, would anyone notice?"

Maybe I'll reset all post counts to zero.
+1
It's simply just part of our GT hobby

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Perhaps just delete the guy who started it!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I already forgot who started this post... ???

andy (ajb)

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
whats next, pay bans? :)

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Well Im not the longest by far, and I try not to post much.

But, for sure on Bony. Miss him here. Every once and a while, I come across his posts, and I visit his profile page.

I miss the colorful E-mail's he used to send to us. A great guy..............a great loss.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
... and on many forums serve as an excuse for people to just hit the reply button constantly. This place has been pretty good about not tolerating that. .

I'll second that. But is it because the forum doesn't tolerate it or because the participants are adults and don't do things like that? I tend to think the latter.

One forum has two topics that are essentially dedicated to this making post counts totally irrelevant. It's content is, for example, a few people that post "hi" to the topic when they wake up. One of them is a topic dedicated to one person that uses the forum as his personal facebook. Moderators/owners tried to shut it down but failed. On another forum almost every topic gets replies that are just smiley icons with content rarely added. The people that do that are called "postwhores".

Some forums have a minimum word count to post a reply. Those tend to keep things on topic and focused.

The fact that this forum doesn't wander is a great plus.

Last edited:

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Dave:

I am not even in the running, but I think the better way to look at it might be that it's a credit to you that guys really enjoy it here. Because of the lack of foolishness it has remained a very stable site which is highly unusual. I suspect a good deal of your posts have dealt with maintaining decorum and providing insight. I find this topic mindless amusement--- which sadly, I enjoy.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I'm replying to this post to get my pitiful count up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California

Ed

First to 300 is a worthy accomplishment.

I think I spend more time reading than posting and I am always impressed buy members who post detailed descriptions of how they modify or tune their GT. Those posts I probably post the "nice post" comment for sake of not saying anything out of order. Some pretty amazing people in this Forum.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
If you deleted all posts with the word red in them, Dr. Pikul's post count would get cut in half. :lol

Last edited: