Faster At Le Mans: Race Car or Street Car?

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Okay - I had to settle this, or at least give you all more to chew on. Anyone can do this test in Forza Motorsport (be nice, this is my livelihood!).

So... I am not a professional racer, I am a professional racing game maker. My laps probably favor the street car, not just the fact that I have some practice but the raw speed takes less talent to maximize. With the same race compound on both cars I am 4 seconds faster in the stock road car. No tuning on either car. The Street car is hitting 207 for me on the Mulsanne and that gains a lot of time. The GTLM is carrying tons of speed without much drama thru the curves.

But, as I said I am not the fastest so asked some of the fastest in the community -

2017 Ford GT (Street w/slicks) R817: 4.00.348 (333kph top speed)
2016 Ford GT LM (stock/no tune) R845: 4.02.710 (289kph top speed) = +02.362s
Race car is insane in the Porsche Curves but stock GT is a monster on the straights!

He agrees that the tuned race car can go faster but thinks that is true of the street car too. Obviously the race teams spend enormous amounts of energy doing just that.

Very cool to get your perspective on the question!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Okay - I had to settle this, or at least give you all more to chew on. Anyone can do this test in Forza Motorsport (be nice, this is my livelihood!).

So... I am not a professional racer, I am a professional racing game maker. My laps probably favor the street car, not just the fact that I have some practice but the raw speed takes less talent to maximize. With the same race compound on both cars I am 4 seconds faster in the stock road car. No tuning on either car. The Street car is hitting 207 for me on the Mulsanne and that gains a lot of time. The GTLM is carrying tons of speed without much drama thru the curves.

But, as I said I am not the fastest so asked some of the fastest in the community -

Race car is insane in the Porsche Curves but stock GT is a monster on the straights!

He agrees that the tuned race car can go faster but thinks that is true of the street car too. Obviously the race teams spend enormous amounts of energy doing just that.

Interesting .. I was told by a Ford employee the GT is capable of 209 mph in track mode ( the wing up.)

Last edited:

Austinj427

Feb 12, 2018
Colorado

I think I have Forza 6.

I've never seen the GTLM car on there? I recall looking for it too. Is there a way for me to get it?

Turn10 BigBoss

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 6, 2017
Seattle
I think I have Forza 6.

I've never seen the GTLM car on there? I recall looking for it too. Is there a way for me to get it?
By buying Forza 7 :wink