Just doing my part to reduce rotational mass...

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
That is so wicked...

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
e566d329c048b9f50f6fd1df8999b4b0.jpg
e80b38c70ebe4acfdbdd6586970896ff.jpg

I put the stock size tires into a tire calculator vs Mitty size tires.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Anyone with technical expertise want to chime in here? I'd love to hear your opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlhoyt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 2, 2017
SE Michigan
Good choice....they look outstanding!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Looks great!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
View attachment 46329

One very fuzzy image from the cell phone...professional photos to follow, I hope.

Wow, is an understatement.

Cwcsvt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 31, 2016
Vancouver WA
Looks great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
007.jpg

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Gorgeous!

I have to say I had my doubts, I'm not a huge wheel/thin tire guy in general.

But for this car and application, it looks amazing!

Congratulations for having the balls and willingness to pay the freight, you did very very well!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Looks simply stunning! Gonna have to update your avatar now.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Sharp looking car. Nicely done.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
NICE!!!!!!!

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Thanks for the kind words y'all. I am really happy with the way it turned out, and it looks awesome in person. I'm not sure what has the most impact, the wheels or the lowering (I used KW coil overs). Either way, it makes me smile every time I look at it.

With regard to rear tire diameter, I've tested the speedo against my navigation device and it is DEAD on. To my eye, the diameter looks very similar in the wheel well and when the two tires are lined up against each other. I like the extra wide rubber when the Heffner mods do their crazy boost thing. More on that later. Overall, the only downside I can see right now is that it was so dang expensive...as the T-Shirt says, I hope when I die my wife doesn't sell my car parts for the price I told her I paid for them...

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
, I hope when I die my wife doesn't sell my car parts for the price I told her I paid for them...

Glad I'm not the only one that does that. But mine keeps on with, "tell me the truth now tell me the truth!! ". So usually I start with the low number and then at least come up somewhere in between.

GT40KID

Jan 2, 2017
Switzerland
Thanks for the kind words y'all. I am really happy with the way it turned out, and it looks awesome in person. I'm not sure what has the most impact, the wheels or the lowering (I used KW coil overs). Either way, it makes me smile every time I look at it.

With regard to rear tire diameter, I've tested the speedo against my navigation device and it is DEAD on. To my eye, the diameter looks very similar in the wheel well and when the two tires are lined up against each other. I like the extra wide rubber when the Heffner mods do their crazy boost thing. More on that later. Overall, the only downside I can see right now is that it was so dang expensive...as the T-Shirt says, I hope when I die my wife doesn't sell my car parts for the price I told her I paid for them...

I have to say, I was ordering HRE's for my SUV last week and had to ask them for a quote for the GT40 wheels.....I'm hooked because of you and will be the only person outside the US with such setup (according to HRE)...now trying to find a way to mitigate the tax/import duty implications for both sets....ouch

My wife could not tell you the model of more than half my cars....lol lol ....I seriously lucked-out!

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I posted the difference of overall tire diameter, revs per mile, etc a few posts back. According to the tire calculator, your front diameter is .17 inches taller and your rear diameter is .93 inches shorter than than OEM. Were you able to lower the nose with your new coil-overs to make up for this difference? Rear revs per mile are 697 stock vs 720 new. According to the calculator if you're speedo reads 65 you're actually going about 63 but I believe when you say it's accurate. I have changed tire sizes on my F-150 and used GPS and it was spot on as well.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Let us know how it handles when you get done testing that awesome looking setup.