The next generation of enthusiasts...

Tomcat

GT Owner
Some local high school car enthusiasts approached me at a car show to do a video.
4 minutes long...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CjK9WRa3oAU&feature=youtu.be

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Nice

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Well done.

Vince H

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
That is excellent. Good for those kids.

Chip

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Some local high school car enthusiasts approached me at a car show to do a video.
4 minutes long...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CjK9WRa3oAU&feature=youtu.be

NO, this can't be!! I have been told (by reliable Marketing and CEO leader types) that kids are NOT interested in cars anymore... :wink

Well done!! :thumbsup

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Well done!

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
They did a great job. Nice video/NICE car

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Well done!!!

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Great job

Information was pretty accurate and well stated

Tomcat

GT Owner
They were respectful in their initial approach to me in public and then did their research before they came to the garage. I was very impressed with then doing their homework.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I concur great job.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
They were respectful in their initial approach to me in public and then did their research before they came to the garage. I was very impressed with then doing their homework.

There is hope....

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Very well done! I would hope more young people would do quality time on the New GT as this one was done. Very interesting project indeed.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Very well done! I would hope more young people would do quality time on the New GT as this one was done. Very interesting project indeed.
If I owned a NGT, these guys would film it! :)

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Can I hire them to do my video for the last round of allocations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Loved it. Great to see kids as fans.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Great video!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
These gals and guys have been GT fans for 11-12 years. I found in my travels, years ago, that 8 to 10 year olds, now teenagers, knew more about the GT than any other age group. Mom's and Dad's told me about their GT posters, GT models, lunch boxes, screen savers, tee shirts etc. These young people are now in High School or College. The parents were extremely pleased when I asked their young ones to get in my GT and have their pictures taken. A day the kids and their parents will always remember. The first time they saw a GT in the wild and they have the pictures to show their friends and family. It was not unusual to see Mom email those photo's to Dad at work or grandma or grandpa. Right from the gas station drive. Lots of smiles and fond memories..for them and for me!

GT "fan ship" starts very early. Much like the Farah Fawcett poster craze of earlier times.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Weren't you more the Marlena Dietrich fan?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
These gals and guys have been GT fans for 11-12 years. I found in my travels, years ago, that 8 to 10 year olds, now teenagers, knew more about the GT than any other age group. Mom's and Dad's told me about their GT posters, GT models, lunch boxes, screen savers, tee shirts etc. These young people are now in High School or College. The parents were extremely pleased when I asked their young ones to get in my GT and have their pictures taken. A day the kids and their parents will always remember. The first time they saw a GT in the wild and they have the pictures to show their friends and family. It was not unusual to see Mom email those photo's to Dad at work or grandma or grandpa. Right from the gas station drive. Lots of smiles and fond memories..for them and for me!

GT "fan ship" starts very early. Much like the Farah Fawcett poster craze of earlier times.

I find likewise. I suspect that has a lot to do with video games. You may be familiar with the video games like "Guitar Hero." I have a now-16 year-old son, and he started with Guitar Hero and then started actually playing electric guitar, and of course his favorite style is the 60's to 80's rock. That's because he learned Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, Metallica, et al, on the video game. I therefore wasn't surprised that the old rock albums and catalogs made a comeback with the new generation, because that's what the video game producers licensed for their games, because it was popular and well known, and probably not too expensive to license. Fast-forward, and now it has had a renaissance (it also helps that the original music was really excellent music, not the computer-generated frequency-corrected plastic singer "pop" of today).

So, I also know from my son that the old Ford GTs and the new ones are featured on the car race video games. And that's one big reason the kids know so much about them. It also helps that they are damn good-looking cars!