Clear film

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
It's my 12th anniversary with my GT this week so I'm thinking of finally installing clear film on it. I've been lucky not to have gotten any damage on the car but it's time to stop playing Russian roulette and get some peace of mind. For someone that hasn't gone this route can any of you suggest what is the best option for me? What brand do you recommend? Thanks for the help fellas.

Ernie

Propdave

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 11, 2016
Calgary, Canada
I have XPEL Ultimate on the entire car and it holds up very well and looks great.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
XPel ultimate the best! Look for a Tint World Frenchise dealer in your area.they are highly trained in using XPel Ultimate product. They will be doing my complete New 2017 GT when it arrives, hopefully soon!

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Thanks tomy and Dave

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Anybody have any experience with Clear guard Nano made by Prestige Film?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I had mine done by the GT Guys in 2011 and it still looks perfect. I don't know what they used but a call to Rich would get you the info.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
I had mine done by the GT Guys in 2011 and it still looks perfect. I don't know what they used but a call to Rich would get you the info.

Will do thanks

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida

Rich says his guy is using SunTek. My local guy says it's thin and the adhesive didn't impress him.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Ford is using Xpel to do the new GT'S for the works cars if that's any vote of confidence.. that's what I'm using

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
Xpel film and make sure they don't cut (use a razor blade) the film on your paint.

Had one of my cars (not the GT) cut years ago.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ford is using Xpel to do the new GT'S for the works cars if that's any vote of confidence.. that's what I'm using

They put SunTek on a half dozen of the marketing cars.

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
Suntek = Llumar as of 2016.

Recent thread on the same topic:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/33407-To-Film-40-or-maybe-100

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Anybody have any experience with Clear guard Nano made by Prestige Film?

Just had my Mustang wrapped with XPEL Ultimate and Prestige Spectra Photosync Solar Adaptive NANO IR window film. I think the choice of installers is probably more important than the brand of wrap. Use a shop that uses computer software to cut the pieces. Expect to pay around $7,000 or so. I used Auto Supershield in Boca, 561-367-0101. They were double the quotes of lesser shops and were performing triage on a car wrapped and butchered up by another shop.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Just had my Mustang wrapped with XPEL Ultimate and Prestige Spectra Photosync Solar Adaptive NANO IR window film.

I see you cheaped out on the window film. I use nothing but Mega Prestige Spectra Photosync Solar Highly Adaptive NANO IR window film.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
What on earth does this mean in English.....

Mega Prestige Spectra Photosync Solar Highly Adaptive NANO IR window film.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
What on earth does this mean in English.....

Not sure, but the abbreviation appears to be $$$$.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
:lol

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Just had my Mustang wrapped with XPEL Ultimate and Prestige Spectra Photosync Solar Adaptive NANO IR window film. I think the choice of installers is probably more important than the brand of wrap. Use a shop that uses computer software to cut the pieces. Expect to pay around $7,000 or so. I used Auto Supershield in Boca, 561-367-0101. They were double the quotes of lesser shops and were performing triage on a car wrapped and butchered up by another shop.

Have heard they are good. I've done some due diligence in a local guy and plan on using him. He's done two local GT's that came out amazing so that's who I'm going to use. He's not cheap but I have faith.

GT40KID

Jan 2, 2017
Switzerland
Rich says his guy is using SunTek. My local guy says it's thin and the adhesive didn't impress him.
I understand that It's not that SunTek is thinner it's layered in a different way than xpel. I have a combination of both on all my cars - front and rear sections are xpel and rest of car suntek. This is what the guys recommend not my personal "mix"

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
I understand that It's not that SunTek is thinner it's layered in a different way than xpel. I have a combination of both on all my cars - front and rear sections are xpel and rest of car suntek. This is what the guys recommend not my personal "mix"

What's your opinion on them both?