ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

Over the last eight years I have entertained myself by continually developing and perfecting the turbo system on my Ford GT. I've probably spent over $100,000 refining everything with a cost is no object attitude. My current set up has about 3000 miles on it, most of those miles doing our lap around Europe last summer, and it's truly amazing. My newest turbos are Precision 64 mm, dual ceramic ball bearing, billet wheel, air cooled units identical in design (though slightly smaller) to the precision turbos that Mark Heidaker just used to set a new world record at the Texas mile. They are also the same brand and type of turbo used by John Mihovetz on his record-setting Mustangs. In addition to monstrous power, 1146 hp at the rear wheels, they make an otherworldly sound that rivets the attention of everybody at Cars and Coffee!

Ford GT engineer, Scott Ahlman, has driven a lot of Ford GT's. Still, he was stunned at the acceleration of #34 even using a street tune and 91 octane fuel. After a close examination of my entire set up along with those of many other outstanding GT's at Rally 8, Scott awarded my car and my turbo system the "Engineer's Choice Award".

With its original water-cooled Garrett turbos and just over 1000 hp my car ran the Texas mile at 220.1 mph. I never raced the new set up at the Texas mile with 1146 HP. Favorable conditions should have yielded to 225-6 mph. At track day events my GT passed anything else out there like they are all dragging boat anchors. The head instructor at Inde Motorsports Park in Southern Arizona has been a professional race car driver for over a decade and told me he has never been in a car even remotely as quick, and he was comparing my GT to the fastest race cars he has ever driven. Rocketman Ron has done many hot laps at different tracks in my GT as well. He is capable of exploiting most of it's performance, I am not. Still, at Spring Mountain Raceway I easily won the top speed shoot out filmed by The Smoking Tire.com against the fastest cars there that day driven by superior drivers who know that track well. It was my first time driving Spring Mountain.

I am now well into my 60s however, my reflexes are not what they used to be, and being honest with myself, my twin turbo GT is beyond my capabilities. As I get ready to take delivery of a new Ford GT I intend to let my son Charley drive #34 at future rallies but I don't want him driving it with 1100+ horsepower. So I am returning my GT to stock form and selling my turbo system.

My system would be ridiculously expensive to duplicate. It is the latest generation Heffner twin turbo system refined and improved by Guyett Performance in Fresno California. Guyett performance custom fabricated all of the plumbing required to fit the larger Precision Turbos. The turbo system is finished in the same silver color as used on the engine compartment cross braces. Two custom air/oil separators were fabricated to fit between the turbo blow-off valves and they can be seen in the picture below. The billet fuel rails with their own fuel pressure gauge were fabricated by Fisher Performance. The entire turbo system is designed to be used without any engine modifications. Included are the air oil separators, billet fuel rails with larger fuel injectors, Accufab billet throttle body, Heffner H pipe exhaust, and a Turbo Smart boost gauge that allows controlling boost levels from inside the cockpit. My entire system is in flawless condition and is boxed up and ready to go at the GT Guy shop in Michigan. They can install it for you as well. Any questions about my system can be directed to Rich Brooks.

If somebody wants to run 220+ at the Texas Mile, dominate everybody at your next track day, or just have the satisfaction of knowing that anytime you are driving it, absolutely nothing including a Bugatti Veyron (which I bested by 12 mph at the Mojavi Mile) could run heads up with you.

I am selling my entire system and everything that goes with it for $19,000. Send me a PM if you are interested. All the best.

Chip

Attachments

• Pen 3.jpg
    Pen 3.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 428
  • Guyett 2.jpg
    Guyett 2.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 394
  • Guyett 3.jpg
    Guyett 3.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 343
  • Precision Turbo.jpg
    Precision Turbo.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
This is the best sounding GT setup you will ever hear in person. Hearing Chip leave dinner at Don & Charlie's a few years back was incredible. I think it even turned on my wife. I'm sure this will go quick!

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
That is a very rare combination: tremendous product at a fantastic price.

Opportunity is knocking for the high horsepower buyer.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
A superlative narrative to accompany a superlative turbo system.
Chip is a master at developing a great story.
All the best on the sale!:thumbsup

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
TurboSmart boost control and gauge.

Gentlemen,

I've answered some questions over the phone and thought I'd put the info up here as well. The TurboSmart gauge replaces the stock gauge on the dash and has a digital boost read out. Two buttons below the display allow you to toggle through several pre-programmed boost levels while you are sitting in the car. The standard Heffner system has no gauge that indicates boost and the stock gauge only reads up to 15 lbs so it's limits are exceeded. Boost levels can't be changed from the cockpit with the standard Heffner system. In addition, the TurboSmart system will deliver the programed boost level regardless of altitude. If you dial 30 lbs of boost (using C-16 fuel) you will get 30 lbs at sea level or in Denver above 5000 feet. It's an amazing system.

Everything here is reversible and your GT can be returned to stock down the road if desired.

Chip

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Damn. Wish I hadn't just had the GT Guys install my 4.0 Whipple system a while back. I would jump all over this.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
SOLD. Thank you.