Photos of the day we bought our Ford GT's.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Congrats!!! 🍻 to request photo posting privileges send a PM to forum owner dbk (y)

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
I can call on MJSFRX (Marc) as a personal reference. He came by my house last weekend in his white/blue '05, and we did a fast lap around the neighborhood in mine.
Fast is an understatement! And Van is a quality Ford enthusiast!

MR. 5 MPG

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2024
SoCal
Thanks Marc, for the endorsement, and Mr Moderator for giving me photo-posting privileges.

First pix is my original '06 at Willow Springs in about 2009.

The other two pix are of my current '06. Purchased Jan 2024. Sold my low-mile Ferrari 812 Superfast to pay for it. (Gulp!)

WORTH IT!

Attachments

• My 1st Ford GT - Willow Springs Raceway in 2009.jpg
    My 1st Ford GT - Willow Springs Raceway in 2009.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Hello Ford GT, bye-bye Ferrari Superfast 1-13-2024.jpg
    Hello Ford GT, bye-bye Ferrari Superfast 1-13-2024.jpg
    1,003.5 KB · Views: 39
  • My new 2006 Ford GT.jpg
    My new 2006 Ford GT.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 39

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
I need to look into getting a bumper delete kit for my GT. Your car looks great.

Reactions: MR. 5 MPG

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Did I have a digital camera or film back in 2005? Humor intended, but does make you think about it.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
June 22, 2005. The local Ford dealer prepped ole’ blue just like every other Ford on the lot… 😂
IMG_6364.jpegIMG_6365.jpeg

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Isn't it amazing how small the GT is?

Reactions: Special K

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Isn't it amazing how small the GT is?
It does look tiny from that side shot!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Yet it looks enormous compared to a GT40.

Reactions: twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Yet try to fit one in a single wide garage door

Reactions: Special K

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Yet try to fit one in a single wide garage door
Yeah, that's where mine lives - Kinda scary. Since this pic I put a tape line on the floor and have my wife guide me along it. I've done it a number of times alone ... successfully ... so far! :unsure:🤞 certainly safer with someone outside the car. This pic makes it look not so bad ... I need to get a pic with the mirrors right next to the door jamb! 😱
B289.jpg

Reactions: GT Venum

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
So, some will say I’m crazy… but I repurposed an old building for garaging my cars. It’s spacious and the rent is cheap, but I have a narrow entrance door and the inside has wooden posts everywhere. Parking my 2005 GT involves using nothing more than my mirrors to back into it in darkness while zig-zagging around 12” wooden timbers. Knock on wood, I’ve never scratched a car! Maybe knocking on wood is the wrong term to use here… 😂 IMG_1752.jpegIMG_1824.jpegIMG_1821.pngIMG_7877.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1822.png
    IMG_1822.png
    11.9 MB · Views: 10

Submoose

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 28, 2023
St. Louis, MO
Oh,
Yeah, that's where mine lives - Kinda scary. Since this pic I put a tape line on the floor and have my wife guide me along it. I've done it a number of times alone ... successfully ... so far! :unsure:🤞 certainly safer with someone outside the car. This pic makes it look not so bad ... I need to get a pic with the mirrors right next to the door jamb! 😱
View attachment 69391
oh, i like using the tow hook opening for the tender cord. Mine is in the upper (exit) vent and i have to put down a towel under the cord. New project for tomorrow!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Oh,

oh, i like using the tow hook opening for the tender cord. Mine is in the upper (exit) vent and i have to put down a towel under the cord. New project for tomorrow!
Just be sure you don't drive away with it still plugged in (y)

Dudlow

GT Owner
Nov 8, 2020
London UK
Just be sure you don't drive away with it still plugged in (y)
Very easy to drive off while plugged in. I did it once, thought I would not do it again, but did, I now tie a cloth around the mirror on the drivers door routinely when I plug in. Works for me.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Would be nice to have the tender's cord coming down from the ceiling ... oh but with a way to really secure the tender to the outlet!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Very easy to drive off while plugged in. I did it once, thought I would not do it again, but did, I now tie a cloth around the mirror on the drivers door routinely when I plug in. Works for me.
I put the cord over the fender with a bright colored towel to remind me!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I leave the frunk up. Also helps keep the mice away and I never leave without disconnecting and then close the frunk

Submoose

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 28, 2023
St. Louis, MO
Would be nice to have the tender's cord coming down from the ceiling ... oh but with a way to really secure the tender to the outlet!
There is a magnetic connection/cord offering for Ferrari, but it specifically states it is not compatible with ctek chargers. I’m still investigating. My lead from the batteries is too short to make it to the front tow hook screen area.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
For the 05, I use the "power port" (cigarette lighter port). Hard to drive off with it in you lap. The 17, connects to the jump ports in the frunk, and I have not yet forgotten.

Here is a thread about the magnetic connector