Ford GT Rally 12 *Registration*

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
For the eclipse watchers coming to the rally from the east, some hotel rooms are still available, but at triple the usual rates.

$70-$80 Interstate hotels in BFE are $200-$250 where not sold out.

We found an Econolodge for $79 (I hope that's for one night and not one hour) off I-80 in Lexington NE (marketing slogan "Come for our Walmart, stay for our Dairy Queen").

stephen_becker

Permanent Vacation
Jan 26, 2006
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
Guessing Reliable will post something regarding setting upo transports for the Rally. They have in past Rally events.

i just spoke to a long time friend of mine, Bob Sellers, who is Vice president/COO of Reliable and he tells me that the rally is coming right off the backside of Pebble and that not many trucks are going to be around as they send most of their fleet to CA for Pebble and the auctions - Yikes!

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
i just spoke to a long time friend of mine, Bob Sellers, who is Vice president/COO of Reliable and he tells me that the rally is coming right off the backside of Pebble and that not many trucks are going to be around as they send most of their fleet to CA for Pebble and the auctions - Yikes!

I was gonna say....

with the rally just a few days after Monterey week, not sure how many trucks from any of the carriers will be available . Between Concorso, Gooding, Mecum, RM, Pebble, etc. there are an unbelievable number of transport trucks in the area at that time.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Funny, my DV home is 1.5 miles from the St. Regis. There are concerts on the ski run at the DV Snow Park Resort on Saturday Nights in the summer. May be worth investigating what and if there is a concert on the 26th of August.

Just checked the Park City Entertainment guides, nothing as far as outdoor or Park City events on the rally weekend.

Park City is a great place. 140 restaurants in the city. No place I can think of that one would park a GT in the town. St. Regis has a nice funicular railroad down to Deer Valley Resort for town access. Keep the GT parked indoors at the hotel. Uber is the best way for transportation into Park City which is about 2 miles west. Main street has all kinds of SUVs parked everywhere. Probably GT unfriendly for an evening out. Utah just passed a 0.05 alcohol driving limit. 1st in the nation, but probably doesn't go into effect until Jan 1, 2018. Just FYI.

One other point of interest. It is frequent, in the Wasatch Mountains in August, to have almost daily rain storms, usually somewhere around 2-5 PM, as the clouds build up west of the Wasatch and then a 2 hr rain storm in the Park City area. So, just as FYI, it happens especially when the day looks clear.

A great photo shot would be at the Montage Resort in Empire Canyon at the top of the Deer Valley Resort, with the entire entrance and exit access roads of the hotel parked with Ford GTs. A great mountain vista.

Any Park City area questions, leave me a post.

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
...There are concerts on the ski run at the DV Snow Park Resort on Saturday Nights in the summer. May be worth investigating what and if there is a concert on the 26th of August.

It may not be as fun as the party every night in Stormcat's room!

Ed

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Ed SIms

I am sure you are correct. However, one cannot spend all night with Stormcat, and miss the city attractions.

Last edited by a moderator:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Eric, will you grace us with your presence or are you operating?

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Funny, my DV home is 1.5 miles from the St. Regis. There are concerts on the ski run at the DV Snow Park Resort on Saturday Nights in the summer. May be worth investigating what and if there is a concert on the 26th of August.

Just checked the Park City Entertainment guides, nothing as far as outdoor or Park City events on the rally weekend.

Park City is a great place. 140 restaurants in the city. No place I can think of that one would park a GT in the town. St. Regis has a nice funicular railroad down to Deer Valley Resort for town access. Keep the GT parked indoors at the hotel. Uber is the best way for transportation into Park City which is about 2 miles west. Main street has all kinds of SUVs parked everywhere. Probably GT unfriendly for an evening out. Utah just passed a 0.05 alcohol driving limit. 1st in the nation, but probably doesn't go into effect until Jan 1, 2018. Just FYI.

One other point of interest. It is frequent, in the Wasatch Mountains in August, to have almost daily rain storms, usually somewhere around 2-5 PM, as the clouds build up west of the Wasatch and then a 2 hr rain storm in the Park City area. So, just as FYI, it happens especially when the day looks clear.

A great photo shot would be at the Montage Resort in Empire Canyon at the top of the Deer Valley Resort, with the entire entrance and exit access roads of the hotel parked with Ford GTs. A great mountain vista.

Any Park City area questions, leave me a post.

Park City is awesome! I have place in Park Meadows by the MARC.

There's free parking close to Main Street in the China Bridge parking garage. It's usually pretty empty at that time of year.

Here's a link to search events:

https://www.visitparkcity.com/events/

Not a whole lot going on that weekend, but a few events.

Paragliding is also another fun sport I do when up there. If anyone is interested, I can put you in touch with a great instructor and gear renter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Hidden Oaks DV, pour moi

There is, in the summer and almost all year round, early AM hot air ballooning.

http://www.pcballoonadventures.com/

Last edited:

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Eric, will you grace us with your presence or are you operating?

Possible, but I have missed the registration deadline. Probably would not drive my little old Tungsten up to Park City. watch out for the rain storms! Those 10 year old tires on your red GT won't be too good on Mtn Roads! hee hee

Is Mid-Nite Blu coming?

Last edited:

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Hi Eric, Sorry Midnite Blu is a no-show.........Take care......GO BLU

SPEED DEMON

GT Owner
Nov 19, 2006
Albuquerque NM
I will be going as well as Paul put us on the list

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
If there's a wait list I'm interested.

davidn

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2007
Carrollton,Texas
If there's a wait list I'm interested.

+1

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Any news on shipping GT's to Utah from any of the carriers at this point. We have numerous interest from Texas and the south! I would sure like to have my New GT at the Rally if possible.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Hidden Oaks DV, pour moi

There is, in the summer and almost all year round, early AM hot air ballooning.

http://www.pcballoonadventures.com/

It's fun but stay away from the guy they call "Wild Bill." I have some nice IPhone video of him nearly (within 5') putting us into some power lines on the side of Interstate 80... So if we weren't killed by electrocution, the traffic would!

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Any news on shipping GT's to Utah from any of the carriers at this point. We have numerous interest from Texas and the south! I would sure like to have my New GT at the Rally if possible.

I talked to the guys at Reliable and they told me they will be shipping cars to Salt Lake.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX

+1

Mar 15, 2006
Oops I am too late. Have fun guys!

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Is registration closed? Don't need hotel accomadation