Robertson 2010 Le Mans GT at the Mitty

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
A friend sent me these photos. I don't know the history of the car, but he says it was totaled at Road Atlanta and a Florida guy bought and restored it. It now has some sort of 6.2 L engine making 632 hp at the wheels.

It will be racing at the Mitty this weekend at Road Atlanta.

The Robertson's have their other GT there too.

rr1.jpg

rr2.jpg

rr3.jpg

rr4.jpg

rr5.jpg

rr6.jpg

Last edited:

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
doran1.jpg
I believe to be the same car with a 6.2L

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I'll try to get some pictures Saturday.

Pantera1889

Dec 24, 2006
Hampstead,Md
View attachment 45970
I believe to be the same car with a 6.2L

I think that is a Superlite GT-R .

Ron

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
The pictures of the first car are a Doran built car which "H" from Robertson Racing somewhat rebuilt. the Superlite GT-R car body moulds were made from the Robertson car tooling and somewhat revised. gets a little blurry which cars are which but all very cool!

Pantera1889

Dec 24, 2006
Hampstead,Md
I agree. The only way I know for sure is that I have two Superlite GT-Rs in the shop at the moment. The LS engine in this one is a bit of a giveaway though.

Ron

The pictures of the first car are a Doran built car which "H" from Robertson Racing somewhat rebuilt. the Superlite GT-R car body moulds were made from the Robertson car tooling and somewhat revised. gets a little blurry which cars are which but all very cool!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Clamshells are quite different. I'd be shocked to see a Chevy engine in the #71. Will try to get an engine photo and/or more info.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
doran3.jpg
The GTRs are such a great deal, especially if you want to go racing. you can't beat it! Fran builds a nice piece for sure.

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The #71 has the last of the Huffaker engines.

The car got taken out in turn 12 today. Heavy body damage, but the tub is intact.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Yes, I spoke to the Robertson crew and they said the car was hit hard and was in the transport. They didnt seem happy about it at all. And they said it was not a SL-C car.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
glad it wasn't hurt too bad. yep, a Doran built car. amazing how all the basics are pretty much the same. good to know

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Some questionable engine choices shown here.