Anyone in Sault Ste. marie, ON?

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
To make a long story short, last month I purchased a fox body mustang similar to my first car on eBay. The dealership had said no hurry in picking it up. I had contacted a few shipping companies and couldn't find anything terribly reasonable in sending an inexpensive car 1500 miles so I had arranged to go pick up the car myself in May. I received an email today that they want to start charging storage fees daily beginning TOMORROW. I am checking to see if I can get the car out of there but I am certain it won't be by tomorrow. Are any members around that area that have a parking lot I could move this thing to until I can get it shipped out. Doesn't have to be covered or 24 hour security. I sent an email back to the dealership saying that < 24 hours is not reasonable to get the car out of there but no response as of yet.

TIA
ben

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
We have cousins in Sault Ste Marie ON

stilllookin

GT Owner
Dec 23, 2007
Cornelius NC
I can get you a spot for sure in Ontario and most likely in Michigan. Let me know.
BobD

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Thank you Bob. Looks like the problem may be more complicated that that.......involving paperwork of bringing in a canadian car back into the US.......this isn't looking like a wise purchase decision :)

stilllookin

GT Owner
Dec 23, 2007
Cornelius NC
It is not much of a problem bringing them back and forth. Especially from Canada back to the US since it is technically a US car. Are you intending to go up to the Soo and get the car? If so you can do it right there at the border. I am originally from the Soo and know most of the dealers up there. I can probably get someone to give you a hand.
Let me know.

BobD

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Hope you get it worked out. I have been in a similar situation. In 1992, I had a Warlock Offshore boat go back to the factory for a warranty claim. During the repairs, Ownership changed hands and the new owner was not happy when he saw the bill (about $10K). They had promised to ship it back to the Seattle Dealer when finished.

He Called me on a Thursday afternoon and said if I wasn't there to pick it up By Friday 5pm, he would leave it in an unlocked, unattended parking lot outside the factory.

I Lived in Spokane at the time. Factory was in Corona California. Called a buddy and drove my Bronco non-stop (after I got home from work and prepared my truck). Had to pick him up in Seattle about 2am.

L.A. traffic was, as always, a nightmare on a Friday afternoon. We pulled in the factory lot at exactly 5pm and just as he had promised, it was just sitting there in the lot as the secretary was locking up the office. It would have been gone in an hour. Maybe less. :frown

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Tell us about the fox body, I have a soft spot for them (have a couple, including my 1st I bought in 88).

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Tell us about the fox body, I have a soft spot for them (have a couple, including my 1st I bought in 88).

I has heard that you may be selling it??

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Nope. A different one will be heading your direction.

I has heard that you may be selling it??

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
It's an 86 gt....similar to my first car. Red with gray interior. About the same options. Even manual windows. This one has 55k km on it. Nothing special just nostalgia. First one is my car when I went to college. Second is the one I purchased.

Attachments

• 20170218_182357.jpg
    20170218_182357.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 158
  • Screenshot_20170219-085549.jpg
    Screenshot_20170219-085549.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 157

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Fox Bodies are cool.
As a Suspension Engineer at Ford Motor Company, I had responsibility for the Suspension Design , Prove-out and Release.
Fairmont, Zephyr, Mustang....
It has been a while...but seems like yesterday... :):)
andy (ajb)

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Here's one for you; original owner, 15,000 original miles.:

Attachments

• DSC02462.jpg
    DSC02462.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC03537.jpg
    DSC03537.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC03531.jpg
    DSC03531.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 82

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Thats a nice car. its worth the effort to get it home.

It's an 86 gt....similar to my first car. Red with gray interior. About the same options. Even manual windows. This one has 55k km on it. Nothing special just nostalgia.

Cobrar, man thats a nice one. I assume its yours? Shouldn't that one be going to Taylor?

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I think he's already got a couple of that vintage. ;-))

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
considering that a late 60's mustang went for 3-4K and thats for a boss or a mach1 and 30 years later they were around 30k roughly 10 times the original price or even higher for the rare models
a fox body which is almost reaching the 30 year bench mark is actually very good buy at the moment. not even twice the original price in most cases.

I wonder what this analogy says about the cars of back then and or even the value of our money back then vs now.

a good shelby or boss 302 is over 100K when considering they sold for 3-6K new I have the sticker on my boss 302 new sold for 3450 (radio delete plate is what kept the price down some :)

now i know its been nearly 50 years but that is roughly more than 20plus times the original value, do you think a fox body will ever reach 20 times its value even in 20 years from now? even for the ultra rare models?

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Well if you look at things like 93 cobras, the R, Saleen SC, SSC, Summer editions, 7-up, SAAC, and the 6 figure Fox body, the SA-10, there is a lot of support that their values are for sure going up. Likely as idiots like me, want the cars they so lusted for in high school. I could be wrong, but I think the appreciation is just beginning. NOTE I am not mentioning any of the LUNACY that happened with the "Dennis Collins" cars at B-J this past January, that was stupid.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Well if you look at things like 93 cobras, the R, Saleen SC, SSC, Summer editions, 7-up, SAAC, and the 6 figure Fox body, the SA-10, there is a lot of support that their values are for sure going up. Likely as idiots like me, want the cars they so lusted for in high school. I could be wrong, but I think the appreciation is just beginning. NOTE I am not mentioning any of the LUNACY that happened with the "Dennis Collins" cars at B-J this past January, that was stupid.

ahhh
SA-10 Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't ever wana hear that word.......