GT40 Smacks McLaren @ Goodwood

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Nobody Takes Vintage Racing Seriously, Right? Right?
Uh, no:

http://fordauthority.com/2017/04/watch-a-ford-gt40-smack-a-mclaren-at-goodwood-video/

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
ugh--that was painful!

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
I'm no ace, but why did car 65 get back on the track like that after a grass area skid.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I'm no ace, but why did car 65 get back on the track like that after a grass area skid.

Why wouldn't he? If the car's not damaged (he didn't hit anything and the grass shouldn't hurt the tires), he should absolutely get back out there. I've gone off (ahem) a few times...and if the car's ok, then get back into the race!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Maybe called for a little more cautious entering the track. He had it under control after spinning out but too hot through the grass. He caused major $$ damage but was no worse for wear.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
His track reentry was painfully dangerous. Love to watch those guys going at it hard in all those old race cars. The one grey looking car appeared to be a GT from the 05-06 year. Could that be, in that class ?

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Yes, once you have gone off the racing circuit you have to re enter with caution, which he obviously didn't do, and caused multiply pain to others.