First Drive

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
No M1 is a motorsports club, like Monticello, or spring mountain

https://m1concourse.com

Rally 10 we visited DDC (Dearborn development center) which is an active working phacility which rarely hosts outsiders (we were really lucky to go there)

Is M1 Productions a DBK production?

Is the M1 event at the the Ford facility we visited at one of the Rally's?

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
VIN number:

That looks like one of Stormcats shirts! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
That looks like one of Stormcats shirts! [emoji23]

Good one... I used to like you !! :lol

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Got caught in my first torrential monsoon rain downpour in Flagstaff, Thursday. First bath, after initial detail, today. 2200 miles.

Attachments

• wetgt2.jpg
    wetgt2.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 407

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Did it pass the water tightness test?

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Just curious, what are the inspection intervals for the new one ?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I love seeing the cars driven like this. I had my '06 out in a monsoon yesterday.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Did it pass the water tightness test?

Completely.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Glad to see you are getting smile miles on it!

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Two more observations: The Alcantera leather, which feels great on the steering wheel, makes my palms sweat. I guess it will become shiny with age. I probably would have ordered the leather wrapped steering wheel, but can't be sure that it would make a difference. Ford nailed the 05-06 seats, they are the most comfortable car seats I've been in, long drives are a pleasure. The 2017, perhaps because the cockpit is so tight, the seats don't provide me with comparable upper shoulder and back support. I feel that little burn between my shoulder blades even after just one hour. But it's still a keeper and will be at the Utah rally.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Two more observations: The Alcantera leather, which feels great on the steering wheel, makes my palms sweat. I guess it will become shiny with age. I probably would have ordered the leather wrapped steering wheel, but can't be sure that it would make a difference. Ford nailed the 05-06 seats, they are the most comfortable car seats I've been in, long drives are a pleasure. The 2017, perhaps because the cockpit is so tight, the seats don't provide me with comparable upper shoulder and back support. I feel that little burn between my shoulder blades even after just one hour. But it's still a keeper and will be at the Utah rally.

Living in Florida.. I went with the leather wheel exactly for that reason.. Happy you're out racking up some miles !!

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Owners manual has a "Note: You must unlock your vehicle before opening and closing the fuel tank filler door". But be aware the car must have the ignition off, not just the motor being off, to release the fuel filler door. I had pulled up to a pump, got out, it was out of order , climbed back in and backed up to another pump, and must have turned off the motor but not killed the ignition. Fuel door would not open. At least I figured it out myself. In not too long a time.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Owners manual has a "Note: You must unlock your vehicle before opening and closing the fuel tank filler door". But be aware the car must have the ignition off, not just the motor being off, to release the fuel filler door. I had pulled up to a pump, got out, it was out of order , climbed back in and backed up to another pump, and must have turned off the motor but not killed the ignition. Fuel door would not open. At least I figured it out myself. In not too long a time.

Cool, we are seeing the "Owner's" supplemental manual start to come together. I'm curious, do we know if the GT has global opening/closing windows? If you press and hold the unlock button, do both windows go down?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
...If you press and hold the unlock button, do both windows go down?

If it doesn't I think Dr Frank may not want his NGT!

Ed

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Just tried it. Held key fob unlock for 3 seconds. Does not work. So a Ford Focus has more luxury features? Trade off for key fob battery life?

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I think so. .. even the key fobs are optimized for performance.:biggrin